United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Billy Baroo

Default i don't think we will win the league

4 times on the trot would take a superhuman effort

players out and players in

i will not be upset if we don't win it. i just hope we play good football and compete

i'm sure there will be many who slag off players and the manager if we aren't champions. i suppose that is just a mark of expectations and how well fergal and his team have done to set the benchmark so high

totally unrealistic though, if we win it would be a huge bonus after last 3 years of glory

Unread 05-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Sparky***

if we don't win it, i can live with that.

As long as it's chelsea or villa who win it and nobody else.

Unread 05-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Bral

You'll be upset if the dippers win it.

Unread 05-08-2009, 10:37 AM
MUFC One Love

No mate we have to win it every season, and win the CL every season, if not Fergie should be sacked. Oh and Berbatov should be sold if we won't win then league every season or win the CL every season.

Unread 05-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Ginners

chelsea will do it this year

Unread 05-08-2009, 10:38 AM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up

We will piss the league this year.

Unread 05-08-2009, 10:39 AM
marlo

you do know what once a season is over the chances of winning the league the next become the same as if we havent won it for 5 years.

if we had a good enough squad with enough goal scorers we would win it again but we havent, thats why we wont win the league.

people keep looking at liverpool saying 'oh theyve lost alonso, one of their best players' as if we havent lost our best player and key player in our last 3 league titles.

ronaldos goals is why we wont win the league.

Unread 05-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Sparky***

Like I said, not winning the league isn't the end of the world. Our last great team of 2007-2008 was built around the disappointment of 3 years in the wilderness, it gave them the fire and hunger.

but I need those highs, that buzz which only comes from good football and stuffing your closest rivals. I've never wanted to stuff Liverpool and city so much in my life.

Unread 05-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
chelsea will do it this year
chelsea's main objective is to win the champions league, thats what abramovich has told ancelotti. obviously doesnt mean they wont be a threat in the league they will but i dont think there squad is good enough at the moment, they are all a year older and zhirkov wont add that much difference, i know pirlo is probably on his way but a 30 year olds coming from serie a to the premiership dont tend to settle in very well

Unread 05-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
you do know what once a season is over the chances of winning the league the next become the same as if we havent won it for 5 years.

if we had a good enough squad with enough goal scorers we would win it again but we havent, thats why we wont win the league.

people keep looking at liverpool saying 'oh theyve lost alonso, one of their best players' as if we havent lost our best player and key player in our last 3 league titles.

people said that about ruud when he left, but other people stepped up and we played better football as a result and won the league

Unread 05-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

He's actually right on that. Statistically it's the same chance each year.

I could accept us not winning it this year, as long as it's not the dippers in the number one slot and as long as utd finish second so I can claim my fifty

Fwiw, I think we will win it this year. I think we'll surprise everyone with this squad.

Unread 05-08-2009, 10:51 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

You say this every season though tbh.

I find it very strange that you go against anything to do with United and you're for anything to do with our rivals, funny that.

Unread 05-08-2009, 10:53 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
people said that about ruud when he left, but other people stepped up and we played better football as a result and won the league
Correct.

You don't win what we have in recent seasons from relying on one player. You could argue Ronaldo scored so many goals because the full team was geared towards him and what suited him? And he took our penalties and every free kick.

So what people are saying is, is that Ronaldo WAS Manchester United and all our recent success was solely down to him and without him we are £#%&!ed?

Unread 05-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizza Jazza
He's actually right on that. Statistically it's the same chance each year.

I could accept us not winning it this year, as long as it's not the dippers in the number one slot and as long as utd finish second so I can claim my fifty

Fwiw, I think we will win it this year. I think we'll surprise everyone with this squad.
Statistically it's the same, but there are unquantifiable measures, such as desire & luck that play their part as well. Not to say we've been lucky, the best team always wins the league.

So long as we finish above the Scousers I'll be happy, you can;t win it every year ffs. Let's hope we play some great football, it's been somewhat stagnant bar the odd game tbf.

Unread 05-08-2009, 10:54 AM
hopkins

If you don't think we'll win the league then get on Betfair, lay it and effectively double your stake

Unread 05-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Coracao

1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Manchester City
5. Arsenal
6. Everton
7. Spurs
8. Villa

Just to save you all the bother of watching it.

Unread 05-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Whalefish

Not going to win the league?

Lets give it a go though, eh?

Unread 05-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Not going to win the league?

Lets give it a go though, eh?
its the taking part that counts

Unread 05-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Manchester City
5. Arsenal
6. Everton
7. Spurs
8. Villa

Just to save you all the bother of watching it.

are there only 8 teams this year?

Unread 05-08-2009, 11:06 AM
MUFC One Love

City won't get in the top 6 this season.

If Villa sign 1-2 other good players along with Delph they'll do well, there is talk Villa want Sneijder.

Spurs will do better than usual 'cos Harry Redknapp will make them hard to beat.
Closed Thread