United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-05-2009, 02:22 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Default Which of our Youngsters will have the brightest season in '10?

Next season, which of our up and coming youngsters do you think will be the star?

Anderson
Nani
Gibson
Possebon
Macheda
Wellbeck
Campbell
Rafael
Tosic
Fabio
Llajic (From January 2010 onwards)

Personally i think Anderson will start more games, and will break that goalscoring duck early on in the season.

I may have missed a few younguns out of that, just picked the obvious ones.

Unread 19-05-2009, 02:59 AM
Gruber

Be interesting to see what happens with Macheda/Welbeck/Campbell and I wonder if one or two of them may go out on loan.

Out of your list I'd say Anderson and Rafael, bit obvious but they have both shown loads of potential, I'd go so far to say that Anderson has progressed beyond potential but just needs to be more consistent.

If Nani stays next season I can only think he will be seing more action.

Unread 19-05-2009, 03:15 AM
TreeFiddy

I think Fabio will impress when he gets a run of games.

Possebon has looked very promising when I've seen him. I hope he gets the chance to show his talent after getting injured earlier this season when it looked likely he'd be playing quite a few games.

Would love to see Macheda push on and establish himself too. It looks like he's got all the attributes needed to be a very good striker so hopefully he'll progress nicely after making a name for himself earlier than expected.

Exciting times ahead.

Unread 19-05-2009, 03:23 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Im quite excited to see Llajic in action after reading a few reports on him. And Fabio did impress too this season, briefly.

Unread 19-05-2009, 04:58 AM
utd for ever

Davide Petrucci,remember the name...

Unread 19-05-2009, 05:07 AM
borsuk

anderson had quite a difficult second season but has really come on strong in the last couple of months. hopefully next year he'll be a regular starter and really push on.

of the rest i expect welbeck to make the fourth striker position his own. fabulous potential and seems to have a great attitude as well.

Unread 19-05-2009, 05:15 AM
Macca1990

Welbeck and Campbell dont look good enough imo Rossi was the guy that should have made it and if he didnt I cant see why these two would.

Unread 19-05-2009, 05:21 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Rossi can't be compared to Wellbeck. I dont know about Campbell, but Ferguson has high hopes for Wellbeck. 6ft1, once he's bulked out he'll be a powerhouse. He's got awesome pace, a great touch and a brilliant finish on him. I dont know why Rossi didnt make it, but the fact he's scoring goals in Spain doesnt really mean that much to me, since Diego Forlan has scored 27 goals out there this season.

Unread 19-05-2009, 05:23 AM
Sandman

Keep an eye out for Robbie Brady and Josh King, they probably won't get near the first team squad next season but they definately have the ability to make it if they keep progressing like they're at present.

Unread 19-05-2009, 06:57 AM
rebelcountyred

i reckon we may see tosic stepping up a bit next season, carling/FA cup games, the odd league game off the bench, really came on leaps and bounds in the last six weeks or so and looks way too good for reserve football. It's really exciting times with regard to the talents we have coming through, macheda, wellbeck, james, petrucci, morrison, eikrem, all have a chance of making it.

Unread 19-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Crumps

Got a funny feeling Nani will have a god season providing he isn't sold. The talent is clearly there as he shown numerous times in his first season, was it second season syndrome or is he just a bit thick though?

Hopefully he'll be another player that has been written off in some quarters who bounces back like my top boy Alan P.

Tiny head massive #@&%!.

Unread 19-05-2009, 07:48 AM
BarryX

I would love to see Fabio make it, but just can't see him getting a run of games at left back whilst Paddy is around/uninjured.

However I have got to say, looking at the list, the core of our first team squad seems to be really well set up well for the future. Thanks, Ferie.

Unread 19-05-2009, 08:15 AM
marlo

nani.
we would be stupid to sell him and if we have a settled season he will shine.

tosic and possebon will go out on loan.

wellbeck and macheda will be there or thereabouts.

Unread 19-05-2009, 08:44 AM
dunk

I think (and have said for well over 18 months!) that next year we will start to see the real Anderson and Nani, both will improve in performance and consistency and have very good seasons. I wouldn't call them youngsters, as such though.

Possebon will be out on loan.

I think Rafael will have a 'second season syndrome' issue, mainly due to Wes returning and playing more often than not.

Tosic will start to appear, especially if Tevez goes and Ronaldo moves more central, more often.

I think we will have to be patient with Welbeck, he is going to be a fantastic player, but he is still growing, so it may take a while for him to get there.

Matt James will appear for the first team, depending on any CM's coming in.

Unread 19-05-2009, 09:07 AM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I think (and have said for well over 18 months!) that next year we will start to see the real Anderson and Nani, both will improve in performance and consistency and have very good seasons.
What I'd really love to see from them is a summer without any football and a proper pre-season with United. That, I think, will be the real difference.

They're still the ones you'd say will step up next year. If you discount them in terms of age and experience, difficult to say who will be the reserve who jumps out. Last year I wouldn't have said Rafael, Evans, Welbeck or Macheda but there you go.

If Tevez goes, I'd go for Welbeck and Tosic as Fergie alters team formation game-by-game.

Unread 19-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Harri Jaffa

I'd like to see Macheda getting some more games, but maybe it would be worth loaning him out until Jan to someone.

Needs to be somewhere that he is getting regular games, possibly even in the Championship. Newcastle?

Unread 19-05-2009, 09:12 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
What I'd really love to see from them is a summer without any football and a proper pre-season with United. That, I think, will be the real difference.
Spot on.

Anderson hasn't had a 'proper' summer off followed by a full pre-season in at least 3 years, which has got to be detrimental to a player that has played less than 100 first team games. The pre-seasons strengthen and condition your body over the years and improve your fitness, which is why young players often finish the season and appear to have grown and look stronger by the time pre-season friendlies come around. They also set up your conditioning for the season.

Pre-season training is vastly underestimated in terms of it's importance IMO.

Unread 19-05-2009, 10:24 AM
koppas

Campbell will leave.

Unread 19-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Baron

Anderson, when he's playing well he's everything a modern midfielder should be... just needs to add goals. Carrick has 4 this season, I'd be asking for another 2 from him next year & if Anderson can collect 3 or 4 we'd get at least 10 from the centre of the park. Not unreasonable.

By all accounts Tosic is playing very well in the stiffs, I'm hoping the competition for a spot on the wing really gives Nani a boot up the arse. If Tosic can play left wing, Nani right side, we can stick Ronnie through the middle & there will be no need for a striker in the Summer...

Unread 19-05-2009, 10:36 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Anderson, when he's playing well he's everything a modern midfielder should be... just needs to add goals. Carrick has 4 this season, I'd be asking for another 2 from him next year & if Anderson can collect 3 or 4 we'd get at least 10 from the centre of the park. Not unreasonable.

By all accounts Tosic is playing very well in the stiffs, I'm hoping the competition for a spot on the wing really gives Nani a boot up the arse. If Tosic can play left wing, Nani right side, we can stick Ronnie through the middle & there will be no need for a striker in the Summer...
Great post.

Anderson, for me, is our best youngster.
Closed Thread