United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-02-2007, 11:20 PM
violater

Default Carlos Quieroz should get the credit he deserves...

i like the m n and i think its abit embarassing how he is only blamed when we are losing but never commended when we are winning....

cq is a great coach imo and is as responsible for our wins as saf if not even more...

you can see the bond he has with the players.

when rooney ended his goal drought he ran to celebrate with cq.
he is always there giving the players advice and tactical instructions...

long live cq.

Unread 04-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Unread 04-02-2007, 11:28 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Quite right. How on earth has violater got the audacity to praise the head coach who is presumably responsible for a large part of how the team plays.

indeed

Unread 04-02-2007, 11:34 PM
wonky no

No-one knows.

Personally i think hes learned more from our players than they have learned of him.

Unread 04-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Well we'll soon see what @#%&!arse is made of as suspect he'l be taking over when ferguson retires.

all i can say is that the team looked for the past few years to be trying to play some fancy continental style football that wasnt working. This year we are playing a more quicker paced game with attacking flair and overlapping wing backs.

I'll leave it up to you to decide who influenced each of these styles.

Unread 04-02-2007, 11:46 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
No-one knows.

Personally i think hes learned more from our players than they have learned of him.
Nail on head.

It's all well and good praising him now but let's not forget the utter shite he's served us. Since Fergie £#%&!ed him off a bit and started playing a consistent 11 and playing 4-4-2 we've done well.

Unread 04-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Fatboy Shrek

We did last win the title with him as assistant too.

I'd go as far as calling him completely worthless.

Unread 04-02-2007, 11:52 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek

i know what you mean....

Unread 04-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Since Fergie £#%&!ed him off a bit
Is there actually any proof of this? I think it's just something people who have blamed him for everything have made up so as to avoid giving him any credit this season.

I'm not his biggest fan, mainly for some of the %@#$&!s I've seen him talk in interviews. But if we win the title this year, his record at united will be pretty impressive. You have to acknowledge his contribution.

That said, I don't want him as Fergie's replacement.

Unread 04-02-2007, 11:56 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek

We've never stopped winning the title, we have never finished 3rd either. He's tops, I'm going to call him Gazz from now on.

Unread 04-02-2007, 11:56 PM
MUFC One Love

It was quite clear Carlos was given more of a backseat when Fergie was getting the flak for Carlos' £#%&! ups. He was in total control virtually at one point and Fergie was getting blamed.

Unread 04-02-2007, 11:58 PM
Lazarus

I think we scapegoated him a bit.

No one more than me.

Unread 05-02-2007, 12:00 AM
MUFC One Love

He hasn't been given a new contact has he? Should be interesting what happens this summer, my bet is Lippi in, Fergie moved 'upstairs'.

Unread 05-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
I think we scapegoated him a bit.

No one more than me.
Nah he got the ctritisism he deserved.

What was it he said in the media? something about us fans knowing nothing and him knowing better? funny that we are now playing the exact football us 'know nothing' fans have been calling for.

Unread 05-02-2007, 12:02 AM
violater

i think carlos is a good coach.

good with all the players,looks commited and imo if he wasnt here i doubt ronaldo would be right now.

Lazarus

Quote:

What was it he said in the media? something about us fans knowing nothing and him knowing better? funny that we are now playing the exact football us 'know nothing' fans have been calling for.
Yes but his views on the fans doesn't have a bearing on his skills as a coach.

Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It was quite clear Carlos was given more of a backseat when Fergie was getting the flak for Carlos' £#%&! ups. He was in total control virtually at one point and Fergie was getting blamed.
Training would be an interesting watch.

Unread 05-02-2007, 12:05 AM
violater

Quote:

do you *honestly* think you know more about football and how to coach a team than carlos quieroz?

he had to go with that formation because of keane etc etc

do you remember when we played milan (a) and all of us wanted the 4-4-2 formation. you know the "united way"...

did you remember we didnt get a shot on target?

i think we should leave the bloke to do his job and commend him when we are doing well.
are we doing well?

Unread 05-02-2007, 12:08 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
do you *honestly* think you know more about football and how to coach a team than carlos quieroz?

he had to go with that formation because of keane etc etc

do you remember when we played milan (a) and all of us wanted the 4-4-2 formation. you know the "united way"...

did you remember we didnt get a shot on target?

i think we should leave the bloke to do his job and commend him when we are doing well.
are we doing well?
post this on a madrid forum, just for a cross reference

Unread 05-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
Yes but his views on the fans doesn't have a bearing on his skills as a coach.
true but then if he's prepared to implement and then defend such a shite brand of football then he cant be all that good.

As for him persuading ronaldo to stay and not go to Madrid all i can say is; is he the right man for such a conversation?

It's up to him to prove he's the business. At the moment i'm not convinced.
Closed Thread