United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Default Butcher to refuse to shake Maradona's hand

£#%&!ing hell Terry - let it go you soppy @#%&!.
It was 22 years ago for £#%&!s sake - Deary me :shakehead:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...team-argentina

Unread 18-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Mr_Ed

Like Diego really gives a flying £#%&! anyway....

Unread 18-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Dueling Banjos

The look on his face was funny.

Unread 18-11-2008, 05:23 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Like Diego really gives a flying £#%&! anyway....
Correct.

Diego - greatest player of a generation. Unbelievable talent and a genuine legend.

Butcher - played with a bandage on his head, shirt covered in blood. Big deal.

Unread 18-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Grimson

If it had been any other country but Argentina, Shilton would have (rightly) been blamed. He came off his line far too late, and jumped approx. 1.3 inches. It's nothing short of scandalous that he has escaped blame. Just look at the picture ffs.

Ether

"I think I'm 4-1 to get a red card in the tunnel - it would be the fist of Terry Butcher rather than the hand"

What an absolute £#%&!ing #@&%!.

Pop

England won the world cup with a goal that never crossed the line so who are you to judge me?

£#%&!ing class

Couldn't give a toss about that small time @#%&! Butcher too.

Unread 18-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Sparky***

Why does butcher still give a shit? He obviously wasn't too bothered about England when he became assistant coach to their most bitter rivals.

Unread 18-11-2008, 05:27 PM
shadowplay

Safe to say Maradona won't give a £#%&!ing shit.

Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Why does butcher still give a shit? He obviously wasn't too bothered about England when he became assistant coach to their most bitter rivals.
He's working for the Germans?

Don Stuarte

Terry Butcher is just a true patriot you bunch of @#%&!s

Scotland assistant manager - get to £#%&! you tampon headed bitter @#%&!

Unread 18-11-2008, 05:28 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
£#%&!ing hell Terry - let it go you soppy @#%&!.
It was 22 years ago for £#%&!s sake - Deary me :shakehead:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...team-argentina
How much more of a stupid egotistical tit can he be? Fair enough if it was England v Argentina and he was working for England, but does he think anyone in Scotland gives a shit? Maradona's goals in that game would have been as equally appreciated in Glasgow as they were in Buenos Aries.

Unread 18-11-2008, 05:29 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
If it had been any other country but Argentina, Shilton would have (rightly) been blamed. He came off his line far too late, and jumped approx. 1.3 inches. It's nothing short of scandalous that he has escaped blame. Just look at the picture ffs.
That's always perplexed me, tbh, ever since it happened. I've never understood why a man 6ft, jumping and punching should be outjumped by a 5ft 5 guy with his fist about one foot above his head. It was clear to me that Shilton was way late.

Butcher is just bitter cos he couldn't even foul Maradona properly for that second goal.

Unread 18-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

I've always thought this. SHilton should have come hairing out of his goal, caught the ball with both hands and flattened the little bastard. Instead he let a 3 foot 3 inch dwarf beat him to it. Useless @#%&!.

Unread 18-11-2008, 05:32 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
"I think I'm 4-1 to get a red card in the tunnel - it would be the fist of Terry Butcher rather than the hand"

What an absolute £#%&!ing #@&%!.
Yep. In fact, he comes across as a right bitter @#%&! throughout that interview.

Lovely

Unread 18-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Mr_Ed

He should shake his hand just for making him look a @#%&!...

Against England or not it was a £#%&!ing great goal..

Unread 18-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Didn't 'Shilts' have a big gambling problem? Perhaps some debts to a few shady characters etc.... then all of a sudden his legs go to jelly when he's challenging Tattoo for a 50/50

Hmmm....

Unread 18-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
He should shake his hand just for making him look a @#%&!...
As Maradona childishly pulls his away

Unread 18-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Sloppy

Why doesnt he not blame the england player who put the ball through to him with a shit clearance which turned out to be a great ball through?Is it Fenwick?He was at fault for both goals.

Unread 18-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Ether

""And that irritated me even more, because if he had come in and said, 'Well, you know, it was my hand and I apologise' I'd probably have hit him four or five times instead of 20"

What an odd bloke.
Closed Thread