Berbatov

Unread 20-11-2009, 08:32 AM
elephantstone

Default Re: Team v Everton - The Official Thread

It has a threadbare look about it but yes i think that will be the team

Unread 20-11-2009, 08:39 AM
History

People may call our midfield, for not being strong enough, but in terms of depth i think you will only find chelsea who can match it. We swap it around every week, and it looks just as strong as the week before. Although, i do think Anderson and Fletcher is possibly our strongest pairing.

Unread 20-11-2009, 08:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
It has a threadbare look about it but yes i think that will be the team
I think it looks fresh and exciting.

Unread 20-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Sandman

Scholes will start.

Unread 20-11-2009, 08:52 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Scholes will start.
He might well, I'd prefer he didn't in this instance.

Unread 20-11-2009, 09:48 AM
borsuk

carrick has been better and better the last few weeks. the last thing i'd do is leave him out just when he seems to be getting up to steam.

i'd be tempted to put carrick in, leave obertan on the bench.

vds
rafael - evans - vidic - evra
carrick
valencia - fletcher - anderson
rooney
berbatov

similar to the side vs chelsea but with berbatov in. carrick to sit deep and the full backs to give us width - hence rafael.

it's actually the formation i'd like to see us use quite a bit until hargreaves is back.

Unread 20-11-2009, 09:51 AM
dunk

I thought Berbatov was injured?

Owen to start.

Unread 20-11-2009, 10:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I thought Berbatov was injured?

Owen to start.
Nope, scored twice in midweek for Bulgaria, now their record goalscorer.

Unread 20-11-2009, 10:12 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Nope, scored twice in midweek for Bulgaria, now their record goalscorer.
Oh, good-O.

Still, Owen to start. He' done £#%&! all for a fortnight.

Unread 20-11-2009, 10:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Oh, good-O.

Still, Owen to start. He' done £#%&! all for a fortnight.
Fair enough, given the form Berbatov was in before his injury I'd definitely not drop him. Unless you were dropping Rooney? Or playing all 3?

Unread 20-11-2009, 10:18 AM
dunk

Quote:
Fair enough, given the form Berbatov was in before his injury I'd definitely not drop him. Unless you were dropping Rooney? Or playing all 3?
Drop one of them, either of them. Owen needs to play otherwise he will be £#%&! all use when he's needed.

I'd probably drop Berbatov. Injured for 2-3 weeks, played an International in the week. Ease him back in.

Unread 20-11-2009, 10:19 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Drop one of them, either of them. Owen needs to play otherwise he will be £#%&! all use when he's needed.

I'd probably drop Berbatov. Injured for 2-3 weeks, played an International in the the week. Ease him back in.
As i say, fair enough, just wouldn't meself.

By the way, it's a team thread, not a Berbatov thread, pick a blwdi team mun.

Unread 20-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Lok

Unread 20-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
People may call our midfield, for not being strong enough, but in terms of depth i think you will only find chelsea who can match it. We swap it around every week, and it looks just as strong as the week before. Although, i do think Anderson and Fletcher is possibly our strongest pairing.
I don't think that is in doubt

Unread 20-11-2009, 10:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Evans is struggling to be fit :-

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=6643201

Injuries mount at the back

Sir Alex admits the United medical staff have "a wee bit of patching up to do" before Everton's visit to Old Trafford on Saturday.

It's in defense where the main fitness concerns lie, with Rio Ferdinand and Fabio definitely out and Jonny Evans and John O'Shea earmarked as "doubts".

"We're fighting hard to get Evans available," Sir Alex told reporters, "but he's not trained yet. We'll see how he goes today [Friday].

"With Rio, we've identified the problem but we're not putting a timescale on it. But we hope he'll be back in a couple of weeks."

The boss is also without skipper Gary Neville, who will serve the last of a three-match ban after being sent off at Barnsley last month, although Nemanja Vidic, Wes Brown and Patrice Evra are expected to be fit and available.

"We've a wee bit of patching up to do but hopefully we can get a back four out," Sir Alex said.

Unread 20-11-2009, 10:55 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Want to see us have a right go at 'em so summat like this :-

VDS
Raphael
Wes
Evans
Senegalese Superman
Valencia
Fletcher
Anderson
Obertan
Rooney
Berbatov
Rafael>Raphael

Unread 20-11-2009, 10:56 AM
thankseric

Quote:
Evans is struggling to be fit :-

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=6643201

Injuries mount at the back

Sir Alex admits the United medical staff have "a wee bit of patching up to do" before Everton's visit to Old Trafford on Saturday.

It's in defense where the main fitness concerns lie, with Rio Ferdinand and Fabio definitely out and Jonny Evans and John O'Shea earmarked as "doubts".

"We're fighting hard to get Evans available," Sir Alex told reporters, "but he's not trained yet. We'll see how he goes today [Friday].

"With Rio, we've identified the problem but we're not putting a timescale on it. But we hope he'll be back in a couple of weeks."

The boss is also without skipper Gary Neville, who will serve the last of a three-match ban after being sent off at Barnsley last month, although Nemanja Vidic, Wes Brown and Patrice Evra are expected to be fit and available.

"We've a wee bit of patching up to do but hopefully we can get a back four out," Sir Alex said.
I'm available. If I can find my boots.

Unread 20-11-2009, 11:09 AM
In 76 now this is true

Giggs will start, he had a good 30 mins away at Everton last season, so that secures his place.

Unread 20-11-2009, 11:11 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true
Giggs will start, he had a good 30 mins away at Everton last season, so that secures his place.
Yeah, that make perfect sense.
Closed Thread