United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 25-05-2024, 07:23 AM
browser

Default New Centrebacks - who should be on the list?

It’s clear we are going to need 1, maybe 2 to come in this summer. Who’s on the list?

We know Varane and Evans are off but Maguire and Lindelof must be possible departures too, I make it we need at least a couple this summer.

I think it’s important we go young and preferably with prem experience, I like Murillo at Forest and Zabarnyi at Bournemouth. Both 21 and played a lot of games and adjusted to the league really well. Murillo looks a beast imo and Zabarnyi plays with a much older head on his shoulders, similar to Mainoo in terms of maturity.

I know Branthwaite and Guehi have been linked but I’d prefer something a bit more left field.

I saw Diomede at sporting when they played Atalanta and he stood out, looked to have everything you’d want in a centre half but might just be too young at 19.

Interested to know any others on the forums radar before we inevitably sign 2 30 somethings looking for a final payday

Unread 25-05-2024, 08:19 AM
magic_cantona

Said all season I'd have Todibo for starters. I'd go Todibo and Branthwaite.

Unread 25-05-2024, 08:51 AM
AK14

Lad from Fulham on a free (United supporter apparently?)

The French fella at Nice or perhaps the young Italian lad (not seen much of either tbh)

Unread 25-05-2024, 05:59 PM
Marvel7

Few good choices out there

Antonio silva
Goncalo inacio
Schlotterbeck.

Shouldn't be hard to upgrade our current choices. But we'll likely sign a 33 year old on a free on 300k a week for a 5 year contract and then watch him be fit for 12 games a season.