United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:41 AM
believe

Football Manchester City v Manchester United - FA CUP FINAL 25/05/24 3pm KO - Official Match Thread

Only an hours difference in time and I was steaming last night but set my alarm and here we go.

Last one ever.

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:51 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Only an hours difference in time and I was steaming last night but set my alarm and here we go.

Last one ever

Unread 25-05-2024, 07:03 AM
Stickman

Midnight kick off, can’t be bad can’t be bad.

No idea what to expect from this game.

Unread 25-05-2024, 07:19 AM
no fun

Well Jeff I’m past caring

Unread 25-05-2024, 07:32 AM
browser

Shuttling belongings back and forth between the new house till 1 and then strolling to the Irish pub in Milan centre to try and find some reds to watch it with.

Will probably be home by the 35th minute when we’re 4 down

Unread 25-05-2024, 09:00 AM
est.1878

So post season review needed.

What's been lacking in info graphics and team news has been made up for in dedication and a stubbornness to fulfil duties no matter what time difference or game difficulty. I think deserves a pregame lap of honour, even if it's medium strength almost sympathy claps. I for one salute you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser View Post
Shuttling belongings back and forth between the new house till 1 and then strolling to the Irish pub in Milan
Alright mate, weve got it now...

Unread 25-05-2024, 09:12 AM
Mou Mou Land

I watched the 2005 borefest in a bar in Barcelona, if that counts.........

It was so bad the landlord put me in a taxi to take me home because I was so pissed.

Unread 25-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Finport Red

Today’s the day when it all comes together. Intent from the first minute, full concentration the whole game, love for the badge, hatred for the other lot.

Maybe some nibbles and a beer too.

On the pitch, a nervy 2-1 win for us.

Come on United!

Unread 25-05-2024, 09:39 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post
Well Jeff I’m past caring
this. football has lost the power to hurt.

Unread 25-05-2024, 09:51 AM
AK14

Cool

We’re winning

Going 2 down early

Then mid way through the second half chaos ball happens and we win the game 3-2 after ET.

Unread 25-05-2024, 09:59 AM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
this. football has lost the power to hurt.
And uplift in equal measure. Can remember two goons the entire season, Liverpool in the cup, Brentford at home.

Two.

Unread 25-05-2024, 10:07 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mou Mou Land View Post
I watched the 2005 borefest in a bar in Barcelona, if that counts.........

It was so bad the landlord put me in a taxi to take me home because I was so pissed.
If you mean the shootout with Arsenal, I found that game entertaining - obviously until the end.

As it happens I was near Barcelona that day too.

Unread 25-05-2024, 10:43 AM
Hyman_Roth

Is this optimism just people trying to be top reds or just a bit of ‘look at me’?

Not saying blubbing like a fanny about losing is right either but £#%&!ing hell, this is weird place. Haven’t met a single United fan irl over the last couple of weeks that genuinely thinks we’re winning this. Yet on here it’s a mental institution.

Unread 25-05-2024, 10:45 AM
jaffo

Just seen someone in full kit at Old St. pleased to report they had black shorts on.

Also, full inglese update for Bunks, £17.50 at grind Shoreditch

Unread 25-05-2024, 10:45 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Is this optimism just people trying to be top reds or just a bit of ‘look at me’?

Not saying blubbing like a fanny about losing is right either but £#%&!ing hell, this is weird place. Haven’t met a single United fan irl over the last couple of weeks that genuinely thinks we’re winning this. Yet on here it’s a mental institution.
It's the game ineos starts their blood doping regime, sorry marginal gains with better pillows and blackout curtains. We will by flying

Unread 25-05-2024, 10:56 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

We know mate but… it’s cup final day

Unread 25-05-2024, 11:43 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo View Post
Just seen someone in full kit at Old St. pleased to report they had black shorts on.
Good old signders

Unread 25-05-2024, 11:54 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

last year at wembley I actually fooled myself into thinking that there was a bit of the 'old' United left and we might pull off an upset to stop them winning the treble.

Well that was all blown out of the water after 12 seconds. What proceeded was 90 mins of city keeping us at arm's length without even needing to get out of 2nd gear. I suspect today will be more of the same.

Unread 25-05-2024, 12:04 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
last year at wembley I actually fooled myself into thinking that there was a bit of the 'old' United left and we might pull off an upset to stop them winning the treble.

Well that was all blown out of the water after 12 seconds. What proceeded was 90 mins of city keeping us at arm's length without even needing to get out of 2nd gear. I suspect today will be more of the same.
Always thought we would lose last year but the speed with which it happened was ridiculous. I probably watched about 20 mins of that match in total. Spent most of the day drinking in my mates garden listening to old records. Had a great day.

Same venue today and I suspect a similar afternoon ahead of me.

Unread 25-05-2024, 12:07 PM
Mr_Ed

Luckily I’m doing a BBQ for my lads 21st so will miss most of the build up and hopefully some of the game.

We’re not going to win this and will leave London with another solid beating.