Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-09-2008, 10:42 AM
thatsfuctit

Default Ronnie 'i was naive'

nice shirt

Unread 05-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

That's the same interview he gave when he realised the move wasn't happening in early August.

Unread 05-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Spiffy

Nice last line.

Quote:
"If one day I leave, I want to do it knowing I did everything I could to help the club win as much as possible."
Before you all start, would Rooney have said this? What about Giggs, Rio? Nope, none of them would.

Unread 05-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Rossi the Red

greasy @#%&!.

Unread 05-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Nice last line.

Before you all start, would Rooney have said this? What about Giggs, Rio? Nope, none of them would.
it's a nice statement yes. not sure you think those 3 players wouldn't say it though. do they not give enough for you?

Unread 05-09-2008, 10:48 AM
marlo stansfield

why is ronaldo lying?

tt said the media invented this...

ronaldo doesnt want to leave

Unread 05-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
it's a nice statement yes. not sure you think those 3 players wouldn't say it though. do they not give enough for you?
Yes those 3 players do give enough for me (if I understand you correctly). He's still talking about leaving, he can't help himself.

Unread 05-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Yes those 3 players do give enough for me (if I understand you correctly). He's still talking about leaving, he can't help himself.
But he's never said he was going to stay for ever. He's said he wants to play in Spain one day and has to be respected for that.

He's not English, not a local lad and therefore doesn't get what being at United means...

Unread 05-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
why is ronaldo lying?

tt said the media invented this...

ronaldo doesnt want to leave
you're about as subtle as a sledge hammer

Unread 05-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Smeggs

the worst kept secret in football is his desire to play for em and it is generally accepted that it will now be next summer. be interesting to see what happens should he have a bad or injury plauged season, obviously none of us want that though.

still irks me to £#%&! with all this i feel i've won it all %@#$&!s. does he not train next to giggsy everyday and see what a real legend looks like and how much respect that brings.

Unread 05-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Jack Duckworth

my stepson gets the official united mag every month and there's an interview with ronaldo in this months edition about what happened during the summer. he said he wanted to move, then when he realised how much fergie wanted him to stay, he changed his mind out of respect to his 'second father'

the rest of it was just him saying that he wants to play for madrid one day and that it was his dream to do this even as an 18 year old when he'd just signed for us. he waffled on a bit about how this didn't stop him from giving 100% then and it won't now.

in summary, it's what we all knew: he said he wants to leave, but has decided not to this summer. however, he wants to leave sometime in the future.

Unread 05-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Zorg

All of this

Quote:
I felt maybe I needed a new challenge
Quote:
I never hid the fact that I wanted to play in Spain...and I thought it could be the right moment
Quote:
I thought it was time to move on
was 100% made up. You gullible £#%&!wits.

Unread 05-09-2008, 11:25 AM
borsuk

20-odd year old in 'i'm a @#%&! sometimes' shock

well i never

what tt actually said was that nothing that happened this summer was new and it was an abu media-created farce which a lot of reds got wound up about needlessly. and he was right. the wonder is it needed saying at all.

for people who profess to see the media as abu and cynical as £#%&! you don't half all let them dictate what you think and when you think it.

Unread 05-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Jack Duckworth

thank god that TT is here to show us the light!

Unread 05-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Don Stuarte

I agree with his sentiments and his reason for wanting to go to Madrid.

United are not the be all and end all for everyone.

He will have been here for longer than Cantona was and whilst Cantona's haul may have arguably been slightly more impressive - I dont see how Ronaldo moving closer to his roots and culture etc for a massive fee is any less forgiveable than just walking away from United full stop.

Eric is my hero and Ronaldo will never come close to him.

My point is that one is an all time hero whilst the other is getting grief.

This is a joke when you consider that the difference between what the two have actually done for the club is not that great once people take their £#%&!ing blinkers off.

Viva Ronaldo

Unread 05-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
thank god that TT is here to show us the light!
Indeed. Hooray for borsuk and TT, educating us that the media are naughty!

Well £#%&! me with an angle-poised lamp.

The point was, as was said about 3.1 billion times, that Ronaldo behaved like a #@&%! even taking into account the media whipping up the story.

Claiming that Ronaldo had done absolutely nothing wrong at all and it was 100% a media creation was, ironically, the simplistic view, as has been proved by Ronaldo himself.

Unread 05-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Don Stuarte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stuarte
I agree with his sentiments and his reason for wanting to go to Madrid.

United are not the be all and end all for everyone.

He will have been here for longer than Cantona was and whilst Cantona's haul may have arguably been slightly more impressive - I dont see how Ronaldo moving closer to his roots and culture etc for a massive fee is any less forgiveable than just walking away from United full stop.

Eric is my hero and Ronaldo will never come close to him.

My point is that one is an all time hero whilst the other is getting grief.

This is a joke when you consider that the difference between what the two have actually done for the club is not that great once people take their £#%&!ing blinkers off.

Viva Ronaldo
In fact, Ill take all that back

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ance-City.html

@#%&!

Unread 05-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stuarte
In fact, Ill take all that back

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ance-City.html

@#%&!

Unread 05-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Don Stuarte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I take it you are not impressed with that "story"

Unread 05-09-2008, 12:01 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Indeed. Hooray for borsuk and TT, educating us that the media are naughty!
if it's so obvious why do you let them dictate what you think?

Quote:
The point was, as was said about 3.1 billion times, that Ronaldo behaved like a #@&%! even taking into account the media whipping up the story.
the point was, ronnie has always been a #@&%! and has always said the same things. you suddenly acted like something had changed for no other reason than the media deciding that was to be the story of the summer.

Quote:
Claiming that Ronaldo had done absolutely nothing wrong at all and it was 100% a media creation was, ironically, the simplistic view, as has been proved by Ronaldo himself.
no, what has been proven is that ronnie's advisors are much more media-savvy than you. they've decided that a mea culpa is the best way to manipulate the fans. and, judging by your reaction, it appears to be working.

nothing has changed imo. ronnie was and is a spectacularly good footballer who i am delighted plays for us. he's also a 20-odd year-old kid who comes out with some daft stuff. he was not and is not a united fan and he wants to play in spain some time. old news. until next summer when, i have no doubt it will be new news again, and doubtless you'll get all £#%&!ed off about it. all over again.

zorg, you're clearly a smart guy. how is it that you can't see that all of this - the whole £#%&!ing story, the whole £#%&!ing summer - was empty, hollow, playing only on the misconceptions of the fans that (a) ronnie is a lifelong united fan (b) he's not a #@&%! and (c) he's somehow changed his tune from two years ago. the only rational response to all of this crap is the same one i keep ready for all stories about united players that have nothing to do with their performance on the field: yeah, big £#%&!ing deal.
Closed Thread