United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-03-2009, 02:59 AM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up Is Wayne Rooney the best player

we've had since George Best

never thought I'd see a better Unitedplayer than Bryan Robson then came Eric and Ronaldo has been the best player in the world for two years...but if you look at Rooney this season he has been our best player by a long way (despite the injuries) and if you look at his United career it's incredible and he's just getting started

Ronnie will go but I don't think Rooney will

why do we have one song for him

if only he wasn't a Scouser eh

surely that makes it better......

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:07 AM
dunk

No.

Ryan Giggs is.

Without question.

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:10 AM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No.

Ryan Giggs is.

Without question.
Yep.

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:10 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
No.

Ryan Giggs is.

Without question.
love Giggs he is unique but Rooney is 23 ? and has achieved incredible things already ...he might be 22 actually

giggs is a legend but I don't think I've ever seen a player like Wayne Rooney

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:12 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
love Giggs he is unique but Rooney is 23 ? and has achieved incredible things already ...he might be 22 actually

Watch that DVD again . Giggs was doing stuff at 17 that Rooney still can't do.

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:12 AM
£#%&! KFC

we only have one song for Giggsy as well

but he's from Salford ....OOT just like Wazza

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:13 AM
£#%&! KFC

Smile

Quote:
just hopev Wazza stays as long as Giggsy

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:15 AM
J_RED

Quote:
we only have one song for Giggsy as well

but he's from Salford ....OOT just like Wazza
ryan giigs ryan giggs running down the wing

and Giigs will tear you apart, to name but two but i agree about Rooney he is delicious as is Ronaldo i don't believe he will go and i don't believe we have seen his best

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:19 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_RED
ryan giigs ryan giggs running down the wing

and Giigs will tear you apart, to name but two but i agree about Rooney he is delicious as is Ronaldo i don't believe he will go and i don't believe we have seen his best
giggs will tear you apart is rarely sung these days

Vieira he gave Giggsy the ball could almost be a Giggs song

in fact he could bring an album out compared to Wazza

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:31 AM
Rhodzy

When he's in the kind of form he's been in today and the past few weeks he's the best player in the world for me, unplayable.

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:50 AM
Luffy

rooney's first 2 years here he was the best teenager in the world, only the likes of ronaldinho, zidane etc were playing better football, he did a clean sweep of our player of the year awards.

but then ronaldo raised the bar and had 2 even better years. he eclipsed rooney and everyone else for that matter. rooney failed to live up to his previous form and doesn't even get shortlisted for awards now.

this year neither have stood out and rooney has been verging on poor at times. our strikers had a lot of stick early on and ronaldo is still top scorer so I dont see where the praise is coming from.

I love rooney, he should be best or 2nd best in the world, but he's simply not playing at that level. though it seems not many players are this season, the latter stages will have a big say in who gets considered for accolades, but even if rooney has a superb couple of months I cant see him winning it now.

be interesting to see who does win, ronaldo, kaka and ronaldinho done nothing too special, neither has anyone else in england or italy for that matter. suppose barca will have a few mentions but their collapse means champions league may decide it all. be nice to see vidic and rio up there, could be a year where a defender wins, at least domestically. messi's probably already done enough to secure it this year.

Unread 08-03-2009, 04:11 AM
dunk

Rooney has had about 8-10 games this season when he has been literally unplayable, today included.

Giggs was unplayable for the first 5 years of his career, only hamstring injuries slowed him down.

Rooney is fantastic, but he really could do with a couple of injury free years and some sustained form IMO. It is clearly visible what he is capable of when fit and on form, we just need to see it more often.

Unread 08-03-2009, 06:01 AM
Macca1990

two words, Nemanja Vidic.

Unread 08-03-2009, 06:02 AM
marlo

Quote:
we've had since George Best

never thought I'd see a better Unitedplayer than Bryan Robson then came Eric and Ronaldo has been the best player in the world for two years...but if you look at Rooney this season he has been our best player by a long way (despite the injuries) and if you look at his United career it's incredible and he's just getting started

Ronnie will go but I don't think Rooney will

why do we have one song for him

if only he wasn't a Scouser eh

surely that makes it better......
he isnt even the best player at the club atm

Unread 08-03-2009, 09:13 AM
wee man

Woudn't swap Rooney for any player in the world.

Unread 08-03-2009, 09:37 AM
dontdopeas84

Quote:
bought a copy off of HMV yesterday and should be here for monday or tuesday

Unread 08-03-2009, 10:04 AM
borsuk

giggs was doing stuff rooney couldn't do, but he was a different sort of player. nemaja vidic does things rooney can't do for the same reasons.

what £#%&! is getting at, i think, isn't technical excellence (in which terms marlo and dunk are correct - ronnie and giggs, to name but two, are clearly superior) but effect on the team. rooney, like robbo, eric and keane, is a talisman. he's a player everyone looks to when things are tough. at the age of, what, 23 he's clearly a leader in the greatest team in the world. that's some £#%&!ing going and something giggs is only just starting to become now.

Unread 08-03-2009, 10:47 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
When he's in the kind of form he's been in today and the past few weeks he's the best player in the world for me, unplayable.
Totally agree.

Quote:

Giggs has been incredible.Love him.But agree about Rooney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Woudn't swap Rooney for any player in the world.
Agree.

Unread 08-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
he isnt even the best player at the club atm
missing the point somewhat there. i think he's talking in terms of overall raw, natural talent - not who's having a great season

Unread 08-03-2009, 12:07 PM
redmike

Quote:

Rooney is fantastic, but he really could do with a couple of injury free years and some sustained form IMO. It is clearly visible what he is capable of when fit and on form, we just need to see it more often.
Totally agree, he is very important to utd and i'd argue he has more talent and natural ability than even ronaldo, but unlike ronnie he doesnt have that same self confident personality or the consistency you need that would get more people to acknowledge him alongside messi and ronaldo as the worlds best player.
Closed Thread