United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-11-2009, 06:04 PM
koppas

Default Fergie kept in the dark regarding VDS future

Quote:
Sir Alex Ferguson is still waiting to discover whether Edwin van der Sar intends to extend his career by another season.

Van der Sar celebrated his 39th birthday recently, having started the season on the treatment table after breaking a couple of fingers in a pre-season encounter with Bayern Munich.

The veteran Dutchman's performances have been of their usual top quality, leading to the belief he will sign another one-year contract.

Ferguson remains committed to both men, but he still intends to give Van der Sar as much time as he needs to reach a conclusion about his future.

'I don't know his plans,' said the United chief. 'When you get to that age and have a young family, there are a lot of things to consider.

'It is usually sometime in December that he outlines his plans and how long he thinks he can go on.

'He is a very intelligent man, who understands his body better than anyone. He will come to the right decision.'
Yet while Ferguson is confident about United's present, he appears equally certain about the future.

While there have been plenty of suggestions that he is seeking reinforcements for his goalkeeping department, the Red Devils chief insists he is fully supportive of Kuszczak and Foster, who is tipped to face Besiktas at Old Trafford tomorrow.

'I have said all along, Ben has terrific ability,' said Ferguson.

'He needs plenty of game experience, which he has not got at the moment, but the future rests with him and Tomasz Kuszczak. 'The two of them will fight it out, I am sure of that.'
Fergie best be taking the piss - let Krusty and Foster "battle it out". Er, not thanks. Fwiw, I think he'll stay one more year.

Unread 24-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Grimson

Default Re: Fergie kept in the dark regarding VDS future

itk source tells me he's been working with his adidas glove reps on some improvements to his glove model. That could be for later this season, but given production turnaround times, it's more likely for next season. motwyw.

Unread 24-11-2009, 06:08 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
itk source tells me he's been working with his adidas glove reps on some improvements to his glove model. That could be for later this season, but given production turnaround times, it's more likely for next season. motwyw.

Unread 24-11-2009, 06:09 PM
dodger

"Ferguson remains committed to both men" Who's that then? Bad editing?

Unread 24-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Baron

I've got a massive sense of déjà vu in this thread

Unread 24-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
You don't want him back?

Unread 24-11-2009, 06:39 PM
koppas

Quote:
You don't want him back?
Rather get Akinfeev in to be honest for next season. Don't really like the prospect of a 40 year old goalkeeper during the 2010/2011 season.

Unread 24-11-2009, 06:43 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Rather get Akinfeev in to be honest for next season. Don't really like the prospect of a 40 year old goalkeeper during the 2010/2011 season.

Unread 24-11-2009, 06:45 PM
taff

you can tell when VDS will be finished 'cos he'll start £#%&!ing up in consecutive games like schmeichel did. he hasn't done that yet, so long may he continue to keep the grasping hands of fozzie and krusty away from the goalposts.

Unread 24-11-2009, 06:46 PM
koppas

Fergie will be told in December that he VDS wants to retire at the end of the season.

United will agree a deal in January to sign King Akin in the summer.

Vidic will be sold to Barcelona.

Evans and Rio will prosper and playing in front of the, soon to be, best goalkeeper in the world.

Unread 24-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Grimson

Quote:
A 40 year old VDS is still better for United than Akinfeev ever will be. It's not like he has to throw himself around his goal 15 times a game. For what is asked of him, he's the perfect United goalkeeper right now.

Unread 24-11-2009, 06:47 PM
koppas

Quote:
A 40 year old VDS is still better for United than Akinfeev ever will be. It's not like he has to throw himself around his goal 15 times a game. For what is asked of him, he's the perfect United goalkeeper right now.
Utter shite.

Unread 24-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Baron

I knew it!

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...6&postcount=44

Unread 24-11-2009, 06:50 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
A 40 year old VDS is still better for United than Akinfeev ever will be.

Unread 24-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Utter shite.
If Akinfeev ends up being half the goalkeeper VDS has been, he'll be doing something special. He's a midget, for a start, and some of the saves that he makes look acrobatic would be a piece of piss for VDS. He's a bit like Given in that respect.

Unread 24-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Coracao

Don't think anyone we will bring in will be better, so hopefully he'll stay.

Time is ticking though, I hope we at least have someone in mind. But I wouldn't be surprised if we had no contingency plans at all

Unread 24-11-2009, 06:52 PM
koppas

Quote:
If Akinfeev ends up being half the goalkeeper VDS has been, he'll be doing something special. He's a midget, for a start, and some of the saves that he makes look acrobatic would be a piece of piss for VDS. He's a bit like Given in that respect.
Ok Ray Clemence.

Unread 24-11-2009, 06:53 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: Fergie kept in the dark regarding VDS future

not sure there's a better keeper than vds in europe atm for our style

Unread 24-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Ok Ray Clemence.
How long did it take you to google Ray Clemence?

Unread 24-11-2009, 06:54 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
not sure there's a better keeper than vds in europe atm for our style
For our style?

His job is to stop the ball going in the £#%&!ing net - and then kicking it upfield or throwing it to someone else. Hardly going to define our tactics is it.
Closed Thread