carrick still doing well at boro?

checks table - debatable.

Unread 03-04-2024, 02:37 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
carrick still doing well at boro?

checks table - debatable.
Not as much, no. They lost their forward line from last season and have struggled more

Unread 03-04-2024, 02:39 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
Not as much, no. They lost their forward line from last season and have struggled more
He won’t do for us then. Our managers have to be able to cope without their players.

Unread 03-04-2024, 04:53 PM
MUFC One Love

Remember when the usual players leaked out him and Carrick didn't have a clue...turns out they did.

Unread 03-04-2024, 07:36 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
He won’t do for us then. Our managers have to be able to cope without their players.
…..One trophy Chance of a third final CL qualification and a sniff again style coping?

But what if there’s shots?

Unread 04-04-2024, 08:49 AM
Taibi

Ipswich have played some decent football the past couple of seasons but there’s no ways he’s stepping up from them to us.

Unread 04-04-2024, 10:06 AM
Sparky***

Are we going to be linked with any proper managers any time soon?

Unread 04-04-2024, 10:08 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
Are we going to be linked with any proper managers any time soon?
We've got one, but some folk don't want to give a united boss whose won silverware more than 16 months...

Kieran FFS

Unread 23-05-2024, 01:07 PM
Dr Stranger

Really good of him to be open about the prospect of leaving Ipswich for Manchester United

Unread 23-05-2024, 01:12 PM
Whip Hubley

He's probably one of the only potentially available managers i'd take over ten hag.

Given that we'd have managed to £#%&! up under managers of just about every style, experience and personality type, let's ruin the career of someone who's taken Ipswich from League 1 to the premier league in 2 seasons.

Let's go with Ancelotti after that so he can be remembered as a failure as well.

Unread 23-05-2024, 01:13 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
https://x.com/mufcmpb/status/1793607...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Really good of him to be open about the prospect of leaving Ipswich for Manchester United

That's the kind of attitude we want. Selfless.

Unread 23-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Finport Red

Has he always looked like the illegitimate offspring of Gary Lineker and Albert Steptoe?

Unread 23-05-2024, 01:20 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of... View Post
…..One trophy Chance of a third final CL qualification and a sniff again style coping?

But what if there’s shots?
What?
Finished 8th - worst ever for United in PL
Worst ever CL campaign
About to get beat in a other final

Coping?
Some nutters on here.

Unread 23-05-2024, 01:23 PM
suedeshoes

Rather have him than any of the other names that have been touted.

Unread 23-05-2024, 01:27 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post

That's the kind of attitude we want. Selfless.
In that spirit I am open to leaving my wife for either Cindy Crawford or Kate Moss assuming we can agree terms (who takes out the bins, clothes to be put away in wardrobe not left lying around etc)

Unread 23-05-2024, 01:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Probably a cracking guy etc, but are we really wanting a guy that used to work here and got promoted with Ipswich over Erik, a trophy winning manager ?

Unread 23-05-2024, 01:59 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Probably a cracking guy etc, but are we really wanting a guy that used to work here and got promoted with Ipswich over Erik, a trophy winning manager ?
Started strong then lost me at the end.

Never liked McKenna, for no solid reason. Always lumped him with that set piece coach £#%&!er

Unread 23-05-2024, 02:01 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
I mean it's whip and Suedeshoes...

And with the greatest respect to them both, they are both absolutely clueless when it comes to football, bless them.

You'd be taking carrickfan's advice on football matters before either, no disrespect to carrickfan.

Unread 23-05-2024, 02:06 PM
Buck

I think it'd be a shame if after back to back promotions to get to the top flight he decides to walk out on his club now.

Especially for Chelsea.

I have sort of convinced myself that barring a thrashing in the cup final Ten Hag will lead the club for the start of the new season anyway because the options right now aren't that appealing. It felt Brighton scored 5 goals in the whole of 2024 and I know they have been ravaged by injuries but then that's the excuse Ten Hag has too so I think they'll stick with him.