United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 20-05-2024, 11:03 AM
redhegemony

Default Cup FInal Team

GK picks himself no choice at full back as Shaw not going to make it.

Centre halves 1 from Maguire Kambwala Evans Varrane to partner Martinez

Centre Midfield if he plays 2 presumably Mainoo and Casmiero if he plays 3 one out of the Scottish player and Amrabat. Would pick the SP to close down Rhodri.

If he plays 2 + Bruno then 3 from Hojlund/Garnacho/ Amad/Rashford/Antony (wtf)

For me

Onana
AWB Martinez Varrane Dalot
Casmiero Mainoo The Scottish Player
Bruno
Garnacho/Hojlund

Unread 20-05-2024, 11:16 AM
Dr Stranger

Onana

Dalot
Varane
Martinez
Awb

Casemiro
Mainoo
Bruno

Rashford
Hojlund
Garnacho

8 or 9 pick themselves. Only question marks are if Varane is fit enough. Evans if not. Amad over rashford or Garnacho is another, but I’d go with the experience. Can’t be afraid to hook either of them though. Amrabat maybe, but I think he played his way out yesterday.

Unread 20-05-2024, 11:17 AM
AK14

Onana

Wan
Martinez
Evans
Dalot

Amrabat
Bruno
Mainoo

Amad
Hoijland
Garnacho

Unread 20-05-2024, 11:18 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
For me

Onana
AWB Martinez Varrane Dalot
Casmiero Mainoo The Scottish Player
Bruno
Garnacho/Hojlund
would accept this, but would play amrabat ahead of mctog. also, would accept amad playing.

anything else and 10h should be sacked an hour before the game.

Unread 20-05-2024, 11:19 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
Onana

Dalot
Varane
Martinez
Awb

Casemiro
Mainoo
Bruno

Rashford
Hojlund
Garnacho

8 or 9 pick themselves. Only question marks are if Varane is fit enough. Evans if not. Amad over rashford or Garnacho is another, but I’d go with the experience. Can’t be afraid to hook either of them though. Amrabat maybe, but I think he played his way out yesterday.
Probably will be this, but wouldn't be against losing a Winger or Hoijlund to accommodate another body in midfield.

We've played this kind set up 4 times and been dicked in 3 of the games. Something needs to change

Unread 20-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Whip Hubley

We won't get away with playing 2+ Bruno in midfield.

3 (case mainoo TSP/amrabat) , then Bruno and 2 split strikers is probably best. Or Bruno as a false 9/ tip of a diamond.

Garnacho and hojlund up top for me.

Unread 20-05-2024, 11:25 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
would accept this, but would play amrabat ahead of mctog. also, would accept amad playing.

anything else and 10h should be sacked an hour before the game.
Amad instead of?

Unread 20-05-2024, 11:31 AM
believe

Onana
Dalot - Maguire - Martinez - Evans
AWB - Varane - The Scottish Player
Mainoo - Casemiro
Hojlund

Unread 20-05-2024, 11:45 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
Amad instead of?
garnacho, on recent form. rasmus, on recent selections. mctog, on usual formations.

not saying I would pick amad, but he has been our livewire, recently, and garnacho has looked off it. it would be acceptable compared to, say, picking rashford. even though rashford could destroy city. we don't need a narrator on that one.

Unread 20-05-2024, 11:45 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Should be this. This side we win. Probably won't be...

Onana
AWB - Varane - Martinez - Dalot
Casemiro - Amrabat
Garnacho - Mainoo - Rashford
Bruno

Unread 20-05-2024, 11:49 AM
atticusgrinch

Onana

AWB Varane Martinez Dalot

Mainoo Amrabat Casemiro

Diallo Hojlund Bruno

Unread 20-05-2024, 11:51 AM
Bunker Buster

Amtabat nowhere near the team is all I ask, or he will have us 2 behind by half time. .

I also wouldn't start rashford, but think he will....

Unread 20-05-2024, 12:04 PM
BarryX

Play everyone we want to sell and give them a huge performance and effort bonus. Who knows, we might just get a few quid more for them in the summer

Unread 20-05-2024, 12:05 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
Onana

Wan
Martinez
Evans
Dalot

Amrabat
Bruno
Mainoo

Amad
Hoijland
Garnacho
This but Varane for Evans

Unread 20-05-2024, 12:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Also if we had ANYONE else to take AWB place ....

His positional defending us horrific, even against Brighton he £#%&!s right in close to the centre back allowing the winger acres of space....

But it's ok he can get back and tackle another huge weakness that will be exploited, he doesn't know how to defend space ...

Unread 20-05-2024, 12:15 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
Should be this. This side we win. Probably won't be...

Onana
AWB - Varane - Martinez - Dalot
Casemiro - Amrabat
Garnacho - Mainoo - Rashford
Bruno

Unread 20-05-2024, 12:19 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Rashford scores against City and he's fresh.

We've been miles more solid last two games with Bruno away from midfield and having an extra body in there. You want to go back to how we've been setup for 99% of the season?

Ok then...

Unread 20-05-2024, 12:24 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Also if we had ANYONE else to take AWB place ....
our only hope was that shaw was fit, allowing dalot to play rb. we will have to rely on wan b having the sort of game he would have had against sterling against players who are not one-dimensional mononykus underperformers.

Unread 20-05-2024, 12:41 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
We won't get away with playing 2+ Bruno in midfield.

3 (case mainoo TSP/amrabat) , then Bruno and 2 split strikers is probably best. Or Bruno as a false 9/ tip of a diamond.

Garnacho and hojlund up top for me.
I don’t think we’ll get away with any team we put out, in the sense this team isn’t disciplined or consistent enough to follow any plan good enough to beat city. So I’m more inclined to have experience and match winners in there.

At least we have a few options and we’re not as patched up as we were. I reckon we’ve still got one more training ground injury this week though

Unread 20-05-2024, 12:53 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
Rashford scores against City and he's fresh.

We've been miles more solid last two games with Bruno away from midfield and having an extra body in there. You want to go back to how we've been setup for 99% of the season?

Ok then...

you left out the bit where he's been absolutely £#%&!ing shite this season and looks like he wants to be anywhere but in a united shirt