United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-11-2007, 01:11 AM
magic_cantona

Exclamation Carrick 'wants Berbatov'.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...882444,00.html

Please don't do the Titanic stuff..................

Interesting that Carrick has said what he has.Naming names and that.Can see it happening now.Still not sure I'd want him here though.

Unread 15-11-2007, 01:13 AM
jem

Default I'm sorry

but anyone who would complain about berbatov at united needs to question his love for and understanding of football and united.

Unread 15-11-2007, 01:14 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...882444,00.html

Please don't do the Titanic stuff..................

Interesting that Carrick has said what he has.Naming names and that.Can see it happening now.Still not sure I'd want him here though.

Unread 15-11-2007, 01:15 AM
Rex7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
but anyone who would complain about berbatov at united needs to question his love for and understanding of football and united.
Who does he replace, Rooney or Tevez? If neither, does it make sense to spend close to 20 million on a third choice striker, who seems rather moody?

Unread 15-11-2007, 01:17 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
For £#%&! sake Jem, sort yourself out.

25m +, and it's not like he'd be a happy camper being 'bit part' would he?

We need a striker but not one as high profile and costly as him.

Unread 15-11-2007, 01:17 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
@#%&!.

Unread 15-11-2007, 01:19 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
@#%&!.
sorry

Nah, mate, I only heard it a while back too.

was quite chuffed tbh

Unread 15-11-2007, 01:27 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex7
Who does he replace, Rooney or Tevez? If neither, does it make sense to spend close to 20 million on a third choice striker, who seems rather moody?
tevez. and I don't care how much money gets spent. it's just numbers.

Quote:
25m +, and it's not like he'd be a happy camper being 'bit part' would he?
not the way he's playing and in the mood he's in... even allowing for the spurs united tax. mopes around a bit more and it's peanuts.

plus, it's mr glazer's money isn't it?

£#%&! it, let's get kaka as well then. we can have a real bench.

Unread 15-11-2007, 01:33 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
tevez. and I don't care how much money gets spent. it's just numbers.

not the way he's playing and in the mood he's in... even allowing for the spurs united tax. mopes around a bit more and it's peanuts.

plus, it's mr glazer's money isn't it?

£#%&! it, let's get kaka as well then. we can have a real bench.

Unread 15-11-2007, 01:52 AM
jem

Default ok

the kaka bit wasn't serious.

and berbatov will be ridiculously expensive.

still, he's played better than tevez has in the premiership and he's not a midget.

the comment "still, I'm not sure I'd want him here" was a bit silly, too, wasn't it?

Unread 15-11-2007, 02:24 AM
firesale

is he just hinting at a spurs move?

maybe.

be careful what you wish for mr.potential

Unread 15-11-2007, 06:45 AM
borsuk

he'd replace saha, of course. both rooney and tevez are able to play the lst striker role. his attitude this season stinks, though, and i wonder how he'd fare at a club where he wouldn't be the biggest fish in the pond. at leverkusen, spurs and bulgaria he's been the star; at united he's be quite now down the pecking order.

certainly convinced by his ability but not convinced it's the best way to spend 20m or so. anyone remember quagliarella? not the tallest but going to be a big star...

Unread 15-11-2007, 09:06 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the kaka bit wasn't serious.

and berbatov will be ridiculously expensive.

still, he's played better than tevez has in the premiership and he's not a midget.

the comment "still, I'm not sure I'd want him here" was a bit silly, too, wasn't it?
Jem, £#%&! off.Patronising bastard.

Unread 15-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Whalefish

Tevez is shit, let him go.

Under no circumstances do we want Utd to pay the £15million.

Unread 15-11-2007, 09:10 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Tevez is shit, let him go.

Under no circumstances do we want Utd to pay the £15million.
Is that sarcasm or bullshit?

Unread 15-11-2007, 09:34 AM
MUFC One Love

Anelka.

What about 8 million in January? He's not moaned at Bolton playing at a shit club with a shit team, and still scores. Imagine him at United? I honestly believe he could easily score 25+ at least a season for United. Not only is he a predator but he has everything to his game pretty much.

I also think with it being his last chance and last move to a big club he'd settle down.

Unread 15-11-2007, 09:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

Berbatov would fit in well at United in many ways but signing him doesn't entirely make sense. I wouldn't complain if we signed him, I'd just be a bit uneasy about him spoiling what seems to be at the moment a united and happy squad.

Unread 15-11-2007, 09:53 AM
rebelcountyred

spuds want carrick back

Unread 15-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Whalefish

The link just won't go away, it may be paper talk/page filler, but it's why I'll take the stuff from my mate with a pinch of salt. I won't be surprised at all if he ends up at OT but like you it just doesn't sit well with me.

Hey ho, back to work....

Unread 15-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Gazw649

Berbatov>Tevez.

But how much? 20mill? £#%&! off. Great player who im sure would be a success at united, but to be honest i think Anelka would score more goals and cost less. Then we could use the money saved and spend it on a right back in the summer.
Closed Thread