View Single Post

Unread 23-11-2020, 11:06 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
The really galling thing is that if we win our game in hand, we’re still 4 £#%&!ing points off Tottenham who are top.

Potentially 4 points off the top in November ffs - feels like a huge gap with what, a third of the season played already? It just feels like there’s no way back from such a damming position with the season as old as it is.

When you look at it like that, even the die hard ole crew have to question themselves.
So, in other words, we’re 7 points back after the first quarter of the season.

This seems to happen every year now. We underperform - which we have - and to make ourselves feel better about what might happen our support go on about things like Guardiola and Arteta not getting the same stick as Ole or still being in touch with the top four if this goes right or that goes right. It’s not the point is it? I don’t want to keep comparing us to the big clubs who are doing the worst so we can appear in a favourable light, it’s a losers mentality. We’ve all watched enough football to know that the way we’re playing, and our inconsistency, means that 7 points is much more likely to go to 10, 12, 15 than it is to go to 4, 2 and 0.

It makes me want to puke, but watching Liverpool yesterday with all those players out, was like night and day. Just their attitude in possession, the effort they give, the commitment forward from everyone; we’re a million miles away. Meanwhile we’re still talking about the same issues with the same players who, as far as I can see, have no competition for their places. If you still have the same problems with a player after four, five, six years then you’re still going to have those same problems until they’re gone. Nailed on. Keane’s bluffers.