United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Main > Main Forum
Closed Thread

Old 26-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Fatty Boomalang

Talking Deluded Scousers

Just had this LFC fanzine piece sent to me.

Funniest thing I've read in ages !

It's On.

It needs saying loud and clear. Don't let anybody fool you. Ignore the media. They know not what they say. Ignore your fellow forumites - a bigger gang of clueless bufoons you couldn't wish to meet. Ignore the voice in your head which says "Maybe we shouldn't get carried away. Maybe we should take each game as it comes." What the f*** is that voice in your head doing trying to dampen down the optimism that you are right to hold. This is football, not real life and in football right now, you know, I know you know, that it's on.

You began to suspect it maybe on when we crusied past Bolton. You just thought, the way they're playing, something could be on here. Then Arsenal happened. And deep down you knew it was on when we got beat 6-3. You got to thinking. This season wouldn't be this weird without there being some sort of payoff. Listen to the confederacy of idiots denounce Rafa. Denounce rotation. Dismiss us against Barca and domestically. And there, deep in your bones you thought, it's on this. The Paul Mersons of the world simply don't get away with this shit. It has to be on.

Saturday, it's fair to say, the captain knew it was on. The best right back in the League knows it's on too. Dirk knows it's on. Look at him. Blonde locks bounding about as he chases every scrap, every loose ball. That's why it's on. Chasing every avenue down means it's on. Hard work means it's on and while it is on, the way it goes off is if that graft stops. That graft isn't going to stop though. Chelsea knew it was on too. It frightened them. They looked at each other and while it wasn't as momentous, as raucous as Luis Garcia's night, that fateful night, it was clear for whom it was on.

And then today. Relaxed. What more can we do? We needed Arsenal just as Arsenal need us. Like the chasing pack of a marathon these two noble runners will push each other towards the leading group. Thierry Henry last minute. United looking tired and you looked at the screen and you looked at each other and you couldn't contain it because, well, it's on isn't it? Arsenal may well think it's on as well and they may well be right. Don't dismiss them. But relax. Know that because Arsenal need us and we need Arsenal them thinking it's on can only be a good thing. The momentum's with us. It's on.

Take heart and sleep well. Your last thought before you go to bed should be "we have a league to win". Your first thought in the morning as your spring out of bed is that, well, it's on.

Old 26-01-2007, 03:24 PM
carlosartorial

Very good. They will finish 15-20 points behind us whether we win it or not.

Old 26-01-2007, 03:33 PM
ScarFace

Talking

haha brilliant, they'l probably go on to lose about 3more away games atleast.

Old 26-01-2007, 04:05 PM
TreeFiddy

"And deep down you knew it was on when we got beat 6-3. You got to thinking. This season wouldn't be this weird without there being some sort of payoff. "

Absolutely brilliant. That's some really interesting logic. I'd love to smoke some of whatever this guy was smoking.

Old 26-01-2007, 04:06 PM
TreeFiddy

With reference to them losing 6-3 meaning it's on:

I'm sure when Wigan just lost their 7th straight league game it finally hit them too. They surely can't be losing because they're shit. It must be because they're going to end up winning the league.

Old 26-01-2007, 04:19 PM
dodger

What's he...on?

Old 26-01-2007, 04:51 PM
ScarFace

You cant win the league on pens, the reason they aint done so for over 17years

Old 26-01-2007, 04:54 PM
puressence

its on you sonia

Old 26-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Sparky***

If anything, you have to admire his positivity. Even if it is bordering on lunacy.

Old 26-01-2007, 05:21 PM
ScarFace

specially when they're gunna struggle to finish 3rd nevermind 1st
Closed Thread