United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Music > Tissue Island Discs (TID's)
Closed Thread

Old 28-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Brenner

Thumbs up Welcome To The TID's Forum

I started Tissue Island Discs in April 2007 for the music heads on FT.

It's based on the long-running radio programme, Desert Island Discs.

Before guests are whisked away to Tissue island, they get to tell us about their 8 most memorable tracks in their life; the book of choice they would take with them whilst marooned there, and one luxury item they would take with them.

We also get find out about their first experiences of supporting United.

This is for those of you who are in the exclusive TID's club of just 19 forumista's who have been on the show, and for those of you who weren't lucky enough to get on it, but became fans.

It's also for those of you who never clocked this feature, so you can read some of the classic episodes from the archive and maybe even get tuned in to music you never even thought you'd like or listen to before, courtesy of the guests' selections.

Enjoy!

Brenner

Old 28-07-2008, 12:40 PM
armchair

Nice one. Nearly took down the db moving all those tids but I think we're ok now. Gimme a shout if I missed any.

cheers

Old 28-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Brenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Nice one. Nearly took down the db moving all those tids but I think we're ok now. Gimme a shout if I missed any.

cheers
Thanks for that - appreciated

Old 28-07-2008, 05:09 PM
chrispycod

Brenner are you taking submissions of new lists etc if so I will try and get one sorted loads to choose from though

been reading through some of these today

be class to get this back up and running

Old 29-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Brenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispycod
Brenner are you taking submissions of new lists etc if so I will try and get one sorted loads to choose from though

been reading through some of these today

be class to get this back up and running
If we reach the donation target and this place stays open then definitely mate, TID's will be back.

Just PM me your selections when you're ready

Old 29-07-2008, 04:42 PM
sweetleftfoot

It'd be good to see TID's back, Bren.

Top feature, thoroughly enjoyed doing it.

Old 29-07-2008, 08:28 PM
johnplayer

Thumbs up

it's all good news

ft stays online and tid's is back

i will pm my selections brenner, i have to be on tid's

Old 30-07-2008, 09:15 AM
BarryX

Is that what I need to do to get a bite at the big time (i.e. send you over the selections via PM)......? Was thinking about what I'd choose today, funnily enough...it really is a good concept and made me think.

Old 30-07-2008, 03:38 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnplayer
it's all good news

ft stays online and tid's is back

i will pm my selections brenner, i have to be on tid's
Highlight of my internet career that mate

Old 31-07-2008, 08:57 AM
Brenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
Is that what I need to do to get a bite at the big time (i.e. send you over the selections via PM)......? Was thinking about what I'd choose today, funnily enough...it really is a good concept and made me think.
Yes Tevs, pick your most memorable tracks for the times they remind you of, not necessarily your 8 all time favourite tracks.

Look forward to your PM and you becoming part of a very exclusive fraternity of TID's alumni
Closed Thread