Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
Isn't he the bloke LVG called fat man?
No

Old 20-11-2017, 05:55 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Sadly not, but at a very early age he discovers a photo of a woman noshing a horse

Old 31-12-2017, 08:21 PM
thatsfuctit

I played the hand I was dealt - Bernie Sindler

https://www.amazon.com/PLAYED-HAND-W.../dp/B018DPGJE4

As an asthmatic 20 year he was being sent for health reasons to live in Florida, he met and was befriended by Mayer Lansky & Bugsy Seigel after they saw him practising his card tricks on the train to Florida, he was recruited as Lansky's personal card dealer and subsequently lived a life around the mob and it's development of Vegas.

really interesting if you are into that sort of thing, about 4 on kindle.

Old 31-12-2017, 09:15 PM
sweetleftfoot

Rereading Cloud Atlas while off work. Love David Mitchell books tbh, 1000 autumns of Jacob de Zoet is brilliant also.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:31 PM
andyroo

Just after finishing Portnoy's Complaint, some Roth fans on here judging from some of the earlier posts in here. God it's funny. Creepy as f*** but meant to be. And the best "and now, the punchline..." joke in literary history.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:43 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Two twins eh?

That's unusual

Old 08-02-2018, 12:04 PM
Knockers

Anyone read The Nix? About to finish it. Very uneven and parts absolutely unreadable. This review is about right. Been w***ed over in others.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...an-hill-review

Old 08-02-2018, 08:43 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Just after finishing Portnoy's Complaint, some Roth fans on here judging from some of the earlier posts in here. God it's funny. Creepy as f*** but meant to be. And the best "and now, the punchline..." joke in literary history.
Loved reading Roth but got to about 7 and forgot which ones I'd read and stopped.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:13 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Loved reading Roth but got to about 7 and forgot which ones I'd read and stopped.
I gather there's a fair bit of variety, they're not all first person stream of consciousness rants Loved it though. The Plot Against America looks like the next port of call.

Also I doubt my dad would've let me read Portnoy's Complaint when I was seven

Old 28-03-2018, 09:00 PM
Knockers

Might not bother with the new Sean Penn