Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
Isn't he the bloke LVG called fat man?
No

Old 20-11-2017, 06:55 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Sadly not, but at a very early age he discovers a photo of a woman noshing a horse

Old 31-12-2017, 09:21 PM
thatsfuctit

I played the hand I was dealt - Bernie Sindler

https://www.amazon.com/PLAYED-HAND-W.../dp/B018DPGJE4

As an asthmatic 20 year he was being sent for health reasons to live in Florida, he met and was befriended by Mayer Lansky & Bugsy Seigel after they saw him practising his card tricks on the train to Florida, he was recruited as Lansky's personal card dealer and subsequently lived a life around the mob and it's development of Vegas.

really interesting if you are into that sort of thing, about 4 on kindle.

Old 31-12-2017, 10:15 PM
sweetleftfoot

Rereading Cloud Atlas while off work. Love David Mitchell books tbh, 1000 autumns of Jacob de Zoet is brilliant also.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:31 PM
andyroo

Just after finishing Portnoy's Complaint, some Roth fans on here judging from some of the earlier posts in here. God it's funny. Creepy as fuck but meant to be. And the best "and now, the punchline..." joke in literary history.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:43 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Two twins eh?

That's unusual

Old 08-02-2018, 01:04 PM
Knockers

Anyone read The Nix? About to finish it. Very uneven and parts absolutely unreadable. This review is about right. Been wanked over in others.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...an-hill-review

Old 08-02-2018, 09:43 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Just after finishing Portnoy's Complaint, some Roth fans on here judging from some of the earlier posts in here. God it's funny. Creepy as fuck but meant to be. And the best "and now, the punchline..." joke in literary history.
Loved reading Roth but got to about 7 and forgot which ones I'd read and stopped.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:13 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Loved reading Roth but got to about 7 and forgot which ones I'd read and stopped.
I gather there's a fair bit of variety, they're not all first person stream of consciousness rants Loved it though. The Plot Against America looks like the next port of call.

Also I doubt my dad would've let me read Portnoy's Complaint when I was seven

Old 28-03-2018, 10:00 PM
Knockers

Might not bother with the new Sean Penn