United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 07:58 AM
wiganste

Default Cantona back at United?

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...ric-s-comeback

Quote:

ERIC CANTONA is believed to be seriously considering Manchester United’s long-standing offer to return to Old Trafford as a coach.

And with manager Sir Alex Ferguson in danger of losing his influential No2, Carlos Queiroz – wanted by Portugal to succeed Luiz Felipe Scolari – the Frenchman’s emotional return would be perfect timing.

Ever since Cantona shocked the football world by announcing his sudden retirement 11 years ago, Ferguson has kept in touch with the maverick forward.

He has constantly tried to cajole him into returning to Old Trafford.

Now a close friend of Cantona has revealed to Sunday Express Sport: “Eric does fancy the idea of helping out with the coaching at a club like Manchester United.

“He has been enjoying himself appearing in and directing films and being involved in beach soccer but has always wanted to help produce a team in his style and knows that Sir Alex Ferguson would encourage him.”

Cantona vowed he would never return while the Glazers remained in control of Manchester United but now he has mellowed over that stance.
Not much substance in the story but we can hope, eh?

Last edited by wiganste; 06-07-2008 at 08:00 AM.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:03 AM
History

Quote:
Now a close friend of Cantona has revealed to Sunday Express Sport
I love it when they say that, or it's "A source has revealed"

Old 06-07-2008, 08:04 AM
elephantstone

he is supposed to be playing in Ole's testimonial

Old 06-07-2008, 09:14 AM
BarryX

Can you imagine the atmosphere the first time he takes his place in the dug out ? What a fucking buzz it will be having him back amongst the fold.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:32 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

we can but dream

Old 06-07-2008, 09:54 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
is he getting paid for it

Old 06-07-2008, 10:06 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
he's our new number 7 too

its like signing a new player

Old 06-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Part 36 Offer

I'd be more than happy with him as a coach but I wouldn't want him as Assistant.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:38 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
I'd be more than happy with him as a coach but I wouldn't want him as Assistant.
hes becoming fcs new manager

Old 06-07-2008, 11:40 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
yeah...hes been out of top flight footy for too long to go straight in as assistant....a year in the background getting upto speed and then see what happens

would be good to have him back at the club though
Closed Thread