United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Old 13-03-2008, 03:31 PM
no fun

we used to do this thing years ago where if we saw anyone famous we would go up to them and pretend we thought they were someone else

met robert plant in Ibiza, dave from stretford pretended he thought he was roger daltrey

met elton welsby in chinatown, we pretended we thought he was bob greaves

Old 13-03-2008, 03:33 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
general custer?

suit off colonel sanders

i know, jaff. its like a tourettes trigger with me and linen
jaffo will forever be "custer" in my mind

I`ll let him explain

Old 13-03-2008, 03:41 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
oy, custer, tell the forum about the time we met ronaldhino in rusholme
Oh yeah, I met Ronaldinho in Rusholme. Lovely fella.

Billy the Custer thing stems from me going to Fulham away a couple of weeks ago with a bunch of Asian chaps. None of them drink so I availed myself of the free bar a little liberally (it was a corporate thingy). I ended up being the lone white face surrounded by a bunch of bemused looking Indians - hence the General Custer remark from No Fun.

Old 13-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo

Billy the Custer thing stems from me going to Fulham away a couple of weeks ago with a bunch of Asian chaps. None of them drink so I availed myself of the free bar a little liberally (it was a corporate thingy). I ended up being the lone white face surrounded by a bunch of bemused looking Indians - hence the General Custer remark from No Fun.
i like it

Old 13-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Whatever

spotting - not through work - when i worked in soho - Guy Ritchie, Helen Mirren, Robbie Williams, Kiera Knightley, Jonathan Ross...

Now in Camden it's limited to seeing Amy Winehouse out and about. Oh and if i'm lucky, one day i hope to bump into dodger. He's that famous one off Fred.

Old 13-03-2008, 04:01 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever
spotting - not through work - when i worked in soho - Guy Ritchie, Helen Mirren, Robbie Williams, Kiera Knightley, Jonathan Ross...

Now in Camden it's limited to seeing Amy Winehouse out and about. Oh and if i'm lucky, one day i hope to bump into dodger. He's that famous one off Fred.
if you ever bump inot helen mirren again get her picture for me and autograph

Old 13-03-2008, 04:08 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo

Ronaldinho is a top bloke.

Old 13-03-2008, 04:08 PM
chrispycod

while back

bumped into Diana Rigg, Phil Jupitus, Linton Kwesi Johnson not all at once mind and Keith Chegwin he was very pissed and Jane Horrocks when I was very pissed did that cringeworthy 'I know you dont I?' thing :shakehead: and proceeded to sit next to her and annoy her for a train journey across London

Old 13-03-2008, 04:11 PM
beersexchipsgravy

Tried to pull Fizz off Corrie once. She told me I've got no chance.

How the fook am I supposed to get over that

Old 13-03-2008, 04:12 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever

Soho doesn't count. You can't tie your laces without somebody famous tripping over you (ahem).

Yes, I have been spotted in and around camden fairly regularly, the London Lite gossip page usually keep tabs on me.
I saw on of those All saints Slags in the lock tavern not so long ago and a mate regaled Jude Law with an amusing tale a few weeks ago. Long, but funny, story.