United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Old 28-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Default Spurs

Whats the verdict on Spurs now? do you think they can push on next year? they've got a trophy which is always good for confidence, they've got what looks like a very good manager and they have some fairly decent players. Will they get a top 5 finish next year? i think they will overtake the scousers, i think things are looking pretty good for them.

Last edited by Lou_Macari_Chippy; 28-02-2008 at 08:59 AM.

Old 28-02-2008, 08:57 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Whats a trophy witch?

Old 28-02-2008, 08:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Is it really that time of year already? OK, I think they'll win the Champions League next year, if not this!!!

Old 28-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Fixed, you fucking smartarse

Old 28-02-2008, 09:03 AM
a_slag

Yeah definitely. I think he'll bring in a top call striker to play alongside Berbatov as i still don't think Keane's consistent enough. Jenas has come on loads in the past 12 months and is becoming a very good box to box midfielder, could do with keeping his cool in front of goal a bit more but alongside Zokora i think it's a pretty strong pairing. Lennon & Malbranque seem to be playing with a bit more purpose under Ramos, although i do think Lennon is ridiculously overrated. King & Woodgate would be one of the best pairings around if they weren't always injured, left full back could do with a bit of strengthening but i think he will.

If you compare their squad now with liverpools it's equally as strong.

Old 28-02-2008, 09:08 AM
BarryX

Got a good chairman from my understanding of things, even though I felt sorry for Jol, he clearly had the balls to replace him and move them up a gear.

Good manager, no question about that.

Good goal scoring record and a world class front man in Berbatov.

Improved defence.

Rumoured to have 40 million to spend in the summer.

Looking good for Tottenham, would love to see them overtake Chelsea and Arsenal, and for the first time in years they have at least got the chance to be up there with them.

Over to you, Norris.

Old 28-02-2008, 09:16 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_slag
Yeah definitely. I think he'll bring in a top call striker to play alongside Berbatov as i still don't think Keane's consistent enough. Jenas has come on loads in the past 12 months and is becoming a very good box to box midfielder, could do with keeping his cool in front of goal a bit more but alongside Zokora i think it's a pretty strong pairing. Lennon & Malbranque seem to be playing with a bit more purpose under Ramos, although i do think Lennon is ridiculously overrated. King & Woodgate would be one of the best pairings around if they weren't always injured, left full back could do with a bit of strengthening but i think he will.

If you compare their squad now with liverpools it's equally as strong.
Good post, agree with it all, Jenas has definitely improved a lot, the players look like they really want to play for this manager too, i thought they were too hasty in sacking jol but now i see that they knew what they were doing all along, must be pretty gratifying for the board there to see things starting to take shape and to win a trophy so soon, validating their decision.

Old 28-02-2008, 09:25 AM
a_slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Good post, agree with it all, Jenas has definitely improved a lot, the players look like they really want to play for this manager too, i thought they were too hasty in sacking jol but now i see that they knew what they were doing all along, must be pretty gratifying for the board there to see things starting to take shape and to win a trophy so soon, validating their decision.
This Hutton also looks perfect for the premier league and i think he'll be outstanding for them.

Old 28-02-2008, 09:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_slag
This Hutton also looks perfect for the premier league and i think he'll be outstanding for them.
Oh yes a defender from a pub league who couldn't really defend there. Might even win a treble next year.

Old 28-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

They could be a really good side soon enough.
Closed Thread