United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Music > Tissue Island Discs (TID's)
Closed Thread

Old 17-01-2008, 07:41 PM
magic_cantona

Koppas, never have I been so disappointed.

You WERE my Idol.

Old 17-01-2008, 07:43 PM
koppas

Keep On Movin - for me, this is one of the greatest tunes of all time. From start to finish, I never get tired of this one. This is regarded as one of the great dance tracks and rightly so. I first heard this in 1991 or 1992? I could be mistaken. I was only 7 or 8 at the time. I remember being in a bar called the "Drunken Duck" in Tenerife with the parents and rememeber this tune being played night after night. Ok I wasn't raving or chattin up the ladies - quite the opposite, I was falling asleep in the bar chairs and talking codshit to my younger brother - but this tune got lodged in my little head then and still hasn't manged to get free. This was also played at a party the night I lost my virginity which, some of you who may have had sex will agree, is quite a special occasion - even at 15...

Old 17-01-2008, 07:44 PM
wiganste

[quote=koppas;740135]Keep On Movin - for me, this is one of the greatest tunes of all time. From start to finish, I never get tired of this one. This is regarded as one of the great dance tracks and rightly so. I first heard this in 1991 or 1992? I could be mistaken. I was only 7 or 8 at the time. I remember being in a bar called the "Drunken Duck" in Tenerife with the parents and rememeber this tune being played night after night. Ok I wasn't raving or chattin up the ladies - quite the opposite, I was falling asleep in the bar chairs and talking codshit to my younger brother - but this tune got lodged in my little head then and still hasn't manged to get free. This was also played at a party the night I lost my virginity which, some of you who may have had sex will agree, is quite a special occasion - even at 15...[/QUOTE]

So what did Michael Jackson say to you?

Old 17-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Brenner

I like your reasons for that one - my little lad falls asleep on chairs pulled together when we're abroad

Got a link to the bird you popped your cherry with....

Any idea what Jazzie B's up to nowadays?

Old 17-01-2008, 07:47 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
So what did Michael Jackson say to you?

Old 17-01-2008, 07:48 PM
koppas

Sadly, no links to the bird I squirted back then - I didn't have a mobile phone so fanny shots where out of the question. I am she is watching anyway. Hello Alice! As for Jazzie B, I have no idea? The last I heard he was an extra on Eastenders but that was a while back now...

Old 17-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Brenner

I'm sure he'll be sat back living off the dough that he made from that song if he's got anything about him - but if he's been in eastenders, the lad must be struggling maybe...

edit: He's still producing music and he was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2008 New Year Honours.

I know you're off out soon, so let's move on to your earliest United memories....

Last edited by Brenner; 17-01-2008 at 08:04 PM. Reason: edit

Old 17-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Ether

Have I missed much?

Old 17-01-2008, 07:55 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
I'm sure he'll be sat back living off the dough that he made from that song if he's got anything about him - but if he's been in eastenders, the lad must be struggling maybe...

I know you're off out soon, so let's move on to your earliest United memories....
My earliest United memories? Now let me see. My Dad has been a red all his life so it was only natural that I was going to follow in his footsteps. The earliest I can think back is to being given that blue and white top we wore in the cup winners cup final - I still have that somewhere in my dads loft and is one of me most prized possessions. I first got to Old Trafford in 1992 and it wasn't the best start - a 3-0 drubbing in our first game against Everton. The only thing I can remember is Schmeichel rushing out only to be chipped by Peter Beagrie? I can't remember but that is, really, where the love affair started and I haven't looked back since that day. I was only 8 at that time and I think that is when you really start to get a real passion for game. For me that was the case anyway...

Old 17-01-2008, 07:56 PM
koppas

I am glad to see Ether is using the same picture I used to back in the day when I used to post on United forums...
Closed Thread