United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Music > Tissue Island Discs (TID's)
Closed Thread

Old 17-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Brenner

Exclamation Tissue Island Discs (2) #3 - Koppas : Unfinished Infamy

Greetings TIDdler's and a warm welcome as always to you the listeners and of course to tonight's guest, Koppas.

A man with over 15,000 posts to his name - he'll be posting the first of any real quality on tonight's show....

I know we all like to get down to business, so let's 'ave it. Here are my guests' 8 most memorable tracks:

I Feel Love - CRW
Slam Jam - WWF Superstars
Dirty Diana - Michael Jackson
Keep On Movin' - Soul II Soul
I Wanna Be Adored - The Stone Roses
Sonnet - The Verve
D'You Know What I Mean? - Oasis
Roses Are Red - The Mac Band

Welcome Koppas, and welcome to the studio.

Your selections span just two decades and in your own words are a "random" collection.

Choice number one is CRW's trance offering "I Feel Love" - by the Italians, Mauro Picotto & Andrea Remondini

Why does this make the list....?

Last edited by Brenner; 18-01-2008 at 04:58 PM.

Old 17-01-2008, 08:04 PM
koppas

Hello Brenner and can I first say what a pleasure it is to be sat on this coveted chair? The hospitality has been superb and the waitresses have been nothing less than delightful - it is plain to see why people are queueing up to be on your show. Anyway, moving on swiftly to my first selection which, to people who know me, is somewhat predictable.

This is one of my all time favourite "tunes" and one that will long have a place in my heart. I first heard this one in the background of a scene when watching Kevin and Perry Go Large when I was 15and this really started my obsession with trance music. I hadn't ever got "trance" before but, when hearing the breakdown, i got the old hairs on the neckstanding up. The next day I rushed down to Woolies and managed to blag msyelf a copy of the soundtrack. I even managed to ruin cd2 due to playing it too much - or too many scratches, not quite sure.

This tune also reminds me of Ibiza which I like to think as my spiritual home - despite the vast amount of gobby c***s from Essex and now, unfortunaltey, rubbish drugs. I heard this track in Eden whilst on myfirst ever E. That experience is probably the oneevent i wish i could go back to and relive it all again - chatting to absolute strangers, telling my brother i love him (in a brotherly way) about five times and pulling three birds in the space of ten minutes. This tune reminds me of that - and for that CRW I am proud. Now Brenner, get the glowsticks out...

Last edited by koppas; 17-01-2008 at 08:07 PM.

Old 17-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Brenner

Glow sticks are already out - it reminds me of Gatecrasher in Sheffield - I f***in hated it....

Picotto has a residency every summer in Ibiza's Privilege club, I think it's called "Meganite" - you taken in one of his sets when you've been over?

Old 17-01-2008, 08:11 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
Glow sticks are already out - it reminds me of Gatecrasher in Sheffield - I f***in hated it....

Picotto has a residency every summer in Ibiza's Privilege club, I think it's called "Meganite" - you taken in one of his sets when you've been over?
Mauro Picotto is one of my favourite DJs so made a special effort to go and see him back in 2005 when I was over there. Privilege is the only club I haven't been too in Ibiza but was fortunate enough to see him in another club on one of the Gatecrasher nights that they started over there and he didn't disappoint. Gotta admire a man that names his tunes after reptiles in my opinion. Sadly, shortly after that summer, my love affair with Ibiza died and the rest is now history...

Old 17-01-2008, 08:12 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
the rest is now history...
like you and your ex

Old 17-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Brenner

Remember the good times mate - all good things come to an end (except United)

Now, ahem, selection number 2, The WWF Superstars with "Slam Jam"

Never mind WWF, I'm saying WTF???!!!

Old 17-01-2008, 08:20 PM
koppas

Quote:
Remember the good times mate - all good things come to an end (except United)

Now, ahem, selection number 2, The WWF Superstars with "Slam Jam"

Never mind WWF, I'm saying WTF???!!!
Please, please, before booing just hear me out. This show is about the memories, not the music...

This is on my list for one simple reason - it was the first piece of music that I ever bought with my own money. I used to be a bigwresling fan as a kid, with Bret Hart being my favourite, so when this came out it was a must have. I am sure I speak for many kids around the world who can remember peaking when they first heard it. I remember watching the video on "The Box" and getting a bollocking from Koppas Snr when the phone bill came through one month. As you do when you are young, you have no understanding ofm money so whenever my parents used to be upstairs "sorting stuff out", I would quickly dial the premium rate number over and over again. I had requested it around 30 times costing him about 30 and he had the audacity to moan about it - the tight f***er. This is probably a tune that I should forget about and never admitting to owning, but that would be like forgetting a special part of me altogether...

Old 17-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Brenner

Take it in the spirit it's intended Koppas - it's all about memories - but it's the first track selected by a guest that was produced by Mike Stock & Pete Waterman.....

Old 17-01-2008, 08:24 PM
koppas

Quote:
Take it in the spirit it's intended Koppas - it's all about memories - but it's the first track selected by a guest that was produced by Mike Stock & Pete Waterman.....
Well what can I say, I like to set a precedent Brenner...

Old 17-01-2008, 08:27 PM
Brenner

Talking I don't think it's a precedent you really want Koppas

selection number 3 is 1988's US No 1, Dirty Diana, by Michael (Sha'mon Muthaf***a) Jackson.

Why does this kiddy-fiddling plastic faced twat make your list....
Closed Thread