United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Music > Tissue Island Discs (TID's)
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Brenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
I think my first hero was Paul McGrath i remember i had a number 5 put on my shirt and when it was washed it turned pink i wasnt impressed.

But there was also Bryan Robson and Mark Hughes competing for my affections but the pink number 5 says it was ooh aah Paul McGrath.
Quality

Back to your selections then, and next on the list are Sheffield's Arctic Monkeys' with their 2005 No.1 hit I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor

Why so?

Old 06-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
Quality

Back to your selections then, and next on the list are Sheffield's Arctic Monkeys' with their 2005 No.1 hit I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor

Why so?
Like i said earlier i'm more into Indie than any other genre but there hadnt really been a band since Oasis that got me excited until i heard this on Zane Lowe on radio1 one night after being dragged round the trafford centre by the mrs.
I just knew i was gonna love this band and that album is the best Indie debut album since definitley maybe imo.

Just a really good track that got me excited about music again. They seem like a good set of lads too which helps.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7XTULcETGqk

Old 06-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Brenner

Amazing rise to prominence considering they only did their first gig in 2003

Your penultimate track is American singer/songwriter Tracy Chapman and Fast Car, a song about generational poverty from her self-titled 1988 debut album

For what reason did this track make the cut?

Old 06-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Amazing rise to prominence considering they only did their first gig in 2003

Your penultimate track is American singer/songwriter Tracy Chapman and Fast Car, a song about generational poverty from her self-titled 1988 debut album

For what reason did this track make the cut?

It was a toss up between this track and talkin' bout a revolution.

Apart from the obvious reason of likeing the song it reminds me of O.T in the good old days.
It used to be on in the car on the way home and as a kid i used to find her voice funny . It always used to be the same tunes on the way home the 2 ive mentioned, "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting" by Elton John or Belinda Carlisle "Heaven is a place on earth" a golden age for football and music.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Brenner

I know you're pushed for time, so we'll crack on with your final choice, and your 2nd Oasis track, the anthemic Champagne Supernova, from the "What's The Story..." LP

Share with us the memories this track evokes for you...

Old 06-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
I know you're pushed for time, so we'll crack on with your final choice, and your 2nd Oasis track, the anthemic Champagne Supernova, from the "What's The Story..." LP

Share with us the memories this track evokes for you...
Just my fave track of all time. An absolut epic from the waves at the begining to the guitar solos to the "we were getting high's" fantastic song that i want played at my funeral

No specific memories, i can relate it to any point in my life since i owned the album cos i always seem to have it in the car or on the ipod.

Even my dad likes this song which says something really cos he hates Oasis and likes Barry Manilow

Old 06-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Brenner

Exclamation Book Choice

Nowt wrong with barry manilow mate

Your book of choice is Danny Wallace's Yes Man

Old 06-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Nowt wrong with barry manilow mate

Your book of choice is Danny Wallace's Yes Man

I'm sure all Barry Manilow fans will be defending themselves shortly

Great book.

Really inspiring true story about a man who decides he isnt making the most of life and after a chance meeting with a man on a bus decides to say "yes" to EVERYTHING.

It's kind of something i wish i had the balls to do but i know i could never do it cos im too miserable and unadventurous.

But it really is a fantastic book if you havent read it you should.

I can also reccomend Join Me by the same author another great book.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Brenner

Exclamation And Finally, Your Luxury Item....

An Xbox 360

(wouldn't you need a screen/monitor?)

Mark Corrigan,

Many thanks for being my guest on TID's - a nice start to the first of the new series.

All it remains for me to say is many thanks for letting us into your life via your music, the reds, books and luxuries - but finish your beer, and make your way to the departure lounge as you make the trip to Tissue Island....

Old 06-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Mark Corrigan

Thumbs up

Quote:
An Xbox 360

(wouldn't you need a screen/monitor?)

Mark Corrigan,

Many thanks for being my guest on TID's - a nice start to the first of the new series.

All it remains for me to say is many thanks for letting us into your life via your music, the reds, books and luxuries - but finish your beer, and make your way to the departure lounge as you make the trip to Tissue Island....

Bugger!

Cheers Brenner sorry ive rushed it a bit but ive gotta get the plane off Tissue Island.
I've had a great time thanks for listening everyone.
I love you all.
MC xxx
Closed Thread