United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Music > Tissue Island Discs (TID's)
Closed Thread

Old 16-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Brenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Just going back to my first choice, the following has been pointed out by stoney,
How could your dad put the record player on if there was a power cut??

Power cut must of been another time.

Memory is not the best.
I didn't clock that

Old 16-08-2007, 08:56 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Just going back to my first choice, the following has been pointed out by stoney,
How could your dad put the record player on if there was a power cut??

Power cut must of been another time.

Memory is not the best.
maybe you wwere stoned as well

Old 16-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Brenner

Quote:
Yeah very sad how his life has declined, in and out of prison with a big drug problem.

I first came across GSH about 5 years ago, I found myself bored of the bands that were around at the time, and wanted to broaden my musical tastes. Then a mate gave me a cd compilation to listen to, the one track that stood out by a distance was lady day and John Coltrane, by GSH, it was amazing and still sounds good now, I quickly bought up as much GSH stuff as I could, listening to his albums led me to allsorts of funk/soul, rare groove, and northern soul records, you still get a massive buzz when you come across a hidden gem from years ago.
Did you know his old fella was the first black player to play for Celtic...?

Old 16-08-2007, 08:58 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
Did you know his old fella was the first black player to play for Celtic...?
Yeah I read that somewhere, very strange i thought at the time.

Old 16-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Brenner

late 40's early 50's I think he played for them.

Track number 7 is The Damned's frantic New Rose the 1st single from their debut album "Damned, Damned, Damned", released in 1976...

Why does this make your list....?

Old 16-08-2007, 09:05 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
late 40's early 50's I think he played for them.

Track number 7 is The Damned's frantic New Rose the 1st single from their debut album "Damned, Damned, Damned", released in 1976...

Why does this make your list....?
Love my punk music....

The first ever punk song I remember hearing. It was uncle k******d who got me into it, he lived in a tower block in Kersal, me and arkid used to go up there and play footie with my cousins, one day we were on the field outside the flats, all of a sudden my uncle whacks this record on full blast, it was new rose by the damned, for a moment it seemed like everyone stopped what they were doing and focused on the flat where uncle k******d was air guitaring to f***, my auntie left him shortly after.

Old 16-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Brenner

absolute quality - your family sound f***in uppit mate

Captain Sensible - "Happy Talk" - as far removed from his time in The Damned as you could get.....

Old 16-08-2007, 09:10 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
absolute quality - your family sound f***in uppit mate

Captain Sensible - "Happy Talk" - as far removed from his time in The Damned as you could get.....
That's Salford for you mate.

Old 16-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Brenner

Default Time To Talk About United

Tell me about your earliest experiences....

Old 16-08-2007, 09:20 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Tell me about your earliest experiences....
First game in 82, my fondest memories of going to the match was all the lads used to meet up in Eccles, we would then walk to OT through Trafford Park, wind, rain or shine, we used to stop off at the chippy and get a chip and curry barm, then walk down the side of the canal.

It was top all the lads wearing the fashion of the times, Cabrini ski coat, baggy cords, adidas samba trainers, and a united ski hat.

We were the business, a proper little scally firm.

It was also a time of hoolganism, my Mam (a match going red of the red army years, home and away) used to worry about me going, and one night so did I when we stumbled upon a right scrap involving United and Everton, as we were kids we would just hit the Everton lads who had just been sparked, then leg it.

I had no choice supporting United, my old man painted my pram red white and black, with the words United and My naem all over it.
Closed Thread