United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Music > Tissue Island Discs (TID's)
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Brenner

FFS you eat all the pipes of Pringles and KP Dry Roasted in the Green Room, then f*** off early doors - you've no respect you yoofs....

Track 4 then is Hendrix's Red House from the "Are You Experienced?" LP released in 1967

Did you ever see his Woodstock set? One of his strings snapped during this track...

I agree it's a great track to turn off the lights, roll a big traffic cone and toke away...

Old 09-08-2007, 08:02 PM
silv

I havent no, mainly because i hate hippies.

he was wasted on that generation of no good nay-dooers.

Imagine him in this era, the remix potential is unreal, electric drums and ecstasy. He would be massive. Actually I think I wouldve had a much better time back in those days. I wouldnt waste so much of my life sat in front of a computer, could smoke weed because it wasnt as strong and send me loopy and find myself some easy girls. Plus who can say no to a bit of crushed velvet?

I havent had sex to this song yet but when I do itll suit me down to the ground. Slow n lazy!

Old 09-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Brenner

Check out YouTube for his performance at Woodstock and just check out his bongo player - he was the original Bez...

Track 5 is that Friday Feeling song Friday I'm In Love by The Cure, released in 1992 from their "Wish" album for the reasons you've already stated

What about your 6th choice - Gladys Knight & The Pips' Misty Blue from 1976

Expand on why it stirs so many emotions....

Old 09-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Billy Baroo

sorry to interupt, chaps

just to say i'm enjoying the show, ta for the mention, silv...i'm not past it yet though

anyway that miser throw has just turned up an hour late and offered to buy me a pint. i can't turn him down as he might not ask again for a year. i'll check back later

ps throw was convinced you'd go for something off Modern Times

Old 09-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Pepitas/Queso Del Pollo

I keep getting Bad Religion mixed up with Bad Company especially cos silv is a hot stepper.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:14 PM
silv

Friday Im in love I picked because, not only is it my favourite Cure song, but it also reminds me of a girl *what a wimp*.

Shes a bit of a wreckhead nutter and It was about as certain as one of Bryan RobsonsLivers racing tips.

But every Friday I knew wed have a good time regardless.

I think I got the artists name wrong with regards to Misty Blue, im sure its by someone else but we all know the song.

It is a real benchmark song. A real heartbreaker or mender. It is a good way for you to tell at what stage you are when you are with someone you care about. If you have broken up with the girl you love then it can crush you in an instance and reduce you to nothing. The more you can listen to it, the further on the getting over her stage you are.

When you are in a special relationship it makes you realise how lucky you actually are to still be there but it will always remind you of what can happen, ya knar?

Old 09-08-2007, 08:17 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
sorry to interupt, chaps

just to say i'm enjoying the show, ta for the mention, silv...i'm not past it yet though

anyway that miser throw has just turned up an hour late and offered to buy me a pint. i can't turn him down as he might not ask again for a year. i'll check back later

ps throw was convinced you'd go for something off Modern Times
cheers bill, you're forgiven.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Brenner

"Misty Blue" was written by Bobby Montgomery, and grew in popularity after it was covered by jazz vocalist Ella Fitzgerald in 1967.

I'll call a halt in proceedings at this point as I know you're off for a few beers

You want to carry on with Part 2 during the day tomorrow?

Old 09-08-2007, 08:21 PM
silv

if thats alrighty then with you?

im going to see a man about a website actually, not all drinking!

its been an absolute pleasure mind, what a host!

Old 09-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Brenner

what time you on here tomorrow?
Closed Thread