United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Music > Tissue Island Discs (TID's)
Closed Thread

Old 26-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Brenner

Sorry to hear about your old fella so close to your wedding day - that's f***in tough mate.

Track 4 is another song written by one artist and commandeered by another. This song could have been written especially for Johnny Cash.

1970's Sunday Morning Coming Down has some great lines in it - "I fumbled in my closet, to get my cleanest dirty shirt.." and "The beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one for dessert..."

You sound as though you've been down that road....

Old 26-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Rhodzy

Sorry for asking but what is Tissue island discs?

Old 26-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Brenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
Sorry for asking but what is Tissue island discs?
Your 8 most memorable tracks
Favourite Book
& Luxury Item

you would take with you if you were marooned on a desert island

Old 26-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Rhodzy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
Your 8 most memorable tracks
Favourite Book
& Luxury Item

you would take with you if you were marooned on a desert island
Cheers

Old 26-07-2007, 09:41 PM
elephantstone

cheers mate, it was tough but the missus had put so much love, thought and consideration into planning the day I didnt want to cancel plus my dad was so looking forward to it so we just battled on collectively together.

Sunday morning coming down....I have certainly been down that road and bought the t-shirt and that why that songs brings memories flying back....Well, I woke up Sunday morning
With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt
.....that was every day. I make no bones about it but I was a falling down drunk once I had one drink it was like lighting the touch paper and waiting for the fireworks........
the drinking got progressively worst I just has no defense against the first drink and when I would have one I was gone for 10 days.

But thankfully come Sunday I will be 12 years of it free from the bondage of drink . As Mozzer said I can laugh about it now but at the time it was terrible

Johnny Cash was a fantastic character he battled with his demons and came through he deserved a place on this listing. The Man in Black

Old 26-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Brenner

f***in ell - so that was your early to mid 20's

Johnny Cash was a man who seemed to own every song he ever sung imo, and he certainly does that on Sunday Morning Coming Down.

His cover of Nine Inch Nails' "Hurt", his last ever video before his death, was awesome.

Old 26-07-2007, 09:48 PM
jem

Default go on

do a cash link into the next song.

Old 26-07-2007, 09:51 PM
elephantstone

[YOUTUBE]DuQKYOxV_h0[/YOUTUBE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
do a cash link into the next song.

Old 26-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Paul Mcgrath

Cnunt.

Old 26-07-2007, 09:54 PM
jem

Default I was thinking something along the lines of

of course, johnny cash also covered the next song on your list, but that's ok too. ;0)
Closed Thread