United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Music > Tissue Island Discs (TID's)
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Brenner

A very energetic band - of that there is no doubt.

Moving on, Track number 4 is the superb True Faith by New Order, taken from the 1987 classic album, Substance.

What the f*** is going on in the video?

Old 12-07-2007, 09:05 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
A very energetic band - of that there is no doubt.

Moving on, Track number 4 is the superb True Faith by New Order, taken from the 1987 classic album, Substance.

What the f*** is going on in the video?
I've asked myself that question many times, my friend, and have no answers.

though i have to admit, i only first heard that song when i saw the video playing somewhere.It's certainly quite abstract, but it's quite cool as well.Have never been a big fan of music videos if I'm being honest, but I guess I better be thankful for that one coming on.It's a great album, and that track stands out above the rest for me personally.

also, I didn't want to let down NewOrderDude

Old 12-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Paul Mcgrath

God this is gay.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Brenner

Temptation gets the nod for me mate, but there's at least anoter 8 tracks on that album that run it close tbf

Track 5 is from Limerick born singer song-writer and remixer, Richard James, under the guise of Aphex Twin and the cool and ambient Ageispolis from the 1992 LP Selected Ambient Works 85-92.

It got an airing in Ibiza in a bar we were in back in May - the ultimate in chill-out tunes would you say?

Old 12-07-2007, 09:14 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Temptation gets the nod for me mate, but there's at least anoter 8 tracks on that album that run it close tbf

Track 5 is from Limerick born singer song-writer and remixer, Richard James, under the guise of Aphex Twin and the cool and ambient Ageispolis from the 1992 LP Selected Ambient Works 85-92.

It got an airing in Ibiza in a bar we were in back in May - the ultimate in chill-out tunes would you say?
Most definitely.

I actually only found out he was Limerick-born a few months back, and found it rather strange, but it explains why the lad is such a headcase, I guess

Love the whole album, but as you say, that track really is one of the standout chill-out tracks.Its music for a certain mood.Best played at night when walking home through the darkness, returning from the pub.breathtaking music, and something totally different to anything else.

Might see him in October, all things going well

Old 12-07-2007, 09:17 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mcgrath
God this is gay.
Don't.

-------------------------------------------------
Shadow, f***ing legend mate.

Sorry for interrupting and that but, I'm 31 and have never really been arsed about The Lemonheads or Leonard Cohen.

I'm downloading lots now.Funny how this forum works eh?
Carry on.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Brenner

He's a talented f***er - he worked with likes of Jesus Jones & St Etienne amongst others in the early 90's. Very underrated imo.

Taking a break from the music - fill us in on your earliest memories of supporting United. You're only a young lad, so I bet all you've known is success, not like us thirtysomethings and above....

Old 12-07-2007, 09:18 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Don't.

-------------------------------------------------
Shadow, f***ing legend mate.

Sorry for interrupting and that but, I'm 31 and have never really been arsed about The Lemonheads or Leonard Cohen.

I'm downloading lots now.Funny how this forum works eh?
Carry on.
Yeah, top f***ing music, my friend.

Hope you enjoy.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:23 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
He's a talented f***er - he worked with likes of Jesus Jones & St Etienne amongst others in the early 90's. Very underrated imo.

Taking a break from the music - fill us in on your earliest memories of supporting United. You're only a young lad, so I bet all you've known is success, not like us thirtysomethings and above....
Yeah, it's strange I can't remember one exact moment from my younger days, but one abiding memory I do have is when I made my first holy communion at the age of 7 or so.My Uncle, who has been supporting United for the best part of 30 years came down with an incredible amount of packages.

One by one i ripped them open, to find each one had something weird inside.A wooden spoon, a pack of crisps, a tv guide etc.All well and funny now, but, as you can imagine, not so funny for a young lad high on expectations.Lastly i was handed a soft package.I was gonna f*** out the window and tear down the picture of christ off the wall, but when i slowly ripped it away, it revealed the new United shirt at the time.I was made up.

Next day, after the mass, i cried endlessly as my mother wouldn't let me wear it while out to lunch.

Crazy day.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Brenner

I know you got over for the Youth Cup Final towards the end of last season but do you get to many games at OT?
Closed Thread