United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Music > Tissue Island Discs (TID's)
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Brenner

So you witnessed the early days of the Men In Black first hand then!

Do you still go to the match?

Old 07-06-2007, 09:06 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
So you witnessed the early days of the Men In Black first hand then!

Do you still go to the match?
gave up going regular after the birth of my second lad in 1993, but still carried on going occasionally

a mate has a st which he cant always use, and i get first refusal

went to about 8 home games last year, and a couple of aways in london that coincided with me working down there

Old 07-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Brenner

Moving on to your next two selections, Bob Dylan's 1964 releaseWith God On My Side, from the legendary "The Times They Are A-Changin'" album, and the mercurial Roxy Music with their 1973 track, In Every Dream Home A Heartache - a part critique of the emptiness of opulence and part love song to a blow-up doll.....

Old 07-06-2007, 09:16 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
gave up going regular after the birth of my second lad in 1993, but still carried on going occasionally

a mate has a st which he cant always use, and i get first refusal

went to about 8 home games last year, and a couple of aways in london that coincided with me working down there

surrogate Dad

Old 07-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Brenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
surrogate Dad
To be fair mate, you've done well to last over an hour before making your first comment - impressive

Old 07-06-2007, 09:21 PM
no fun

god on our side is timeless, written in the sixties, but relevant in every decade since, highlighting the f***ing hypocricy of religion and the utter futility of war

some of the lyrics are dylans best ;

"they murdered 6 million
in the ovens they fried
but the germans now too have god on their side"

"i cant answer for you
you`ll have to decide
did judas escariot
have god on his side ?"

"theres one thing i`m sure
if gods on our side
he`ll stop the next war"

protest songs at their best

speaking of dylan, can i also cite another happy memory.........a bird from didsbury once gave me a jodrell at her flat and i lost my mess all over the cover of "desire"

in every dreamhome a heartache was my musical awakening. I vaguely remember listening to the likes of chicory tip and golden earing and liking them, but some of the older lads on our estate introduced me to roxy music, and they were the first band i really got into.....one minute i was singing along to mouldy old dough, the next minute im listening to the story of a bloke shagging a blow up doll - who would have thought bryan ferry knew hark ?

Old 07-06-2007, 09:22 PM
M-13

Quote:
an obscure track, but when i first heard it i grinned from ear to ear

its the story of a woman who leaves the porch light on once her husband has gone out, allowing the neighbour to pop over and scuttle her

well, when i was about 15 there was a bird on our street who lived with her gran

we had an arrangement that once her gran had f***ed off to bingo or the labour club, she would give the signal that the coast was clear by leaving the hall light on, and i would get over there for a feel of her tits, which were tremendous. She wouldnt allow me to venture south, although i did shag her at a school reunion in 1993
so when i heard the robert cray song i thought he must have been observing me as a 15 year old scally, but probably not as to the best of my knowledge i dont think robert cray was from wythenshawe
A coincidence Hark ??

Old 07-06-2007, 09:22 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
surrogate Dad
ban the c***

Old 07-06-2007, 09:24 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13
A coincidence Hark ??

who is to say

Quote:
ban the c***

f*** off c**k end

Old 07-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Brenner

Quality

Your next choice is on my own shortlist, The Pogues 1988 classic, Thousands Are Sailing, surprisingly, written by Philip Chevron, without any input from Shane McGowan, from the excellent "If I Should Fall From Grace From God" LP

Don't tell me you shot your load to this track aswell.....
Closed Thread