United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Main > Main Forum
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 08:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default So it looks likely we aren't getting a striker.

Am I bothered? Not that much. Maybe Saha will stay fit? Good news as it suggests Rossi has a future at the club.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Paul Mcgrath

I think we did alright this season without a 'top' striker to be honest. Smith will be back to full match fitness by the start of next season, Rossi will be back as well.

BUT, nobody has come out and said thats officially it, no more signings. Gill said if Ferguson wants someone, they will give him the funds.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mcgrath
I think we did alright this season without a 'top' striker to be honest. Smith will be back to full match fitness by the start of next season, Rossi will be back as well.

BUT, nobody has come out and said thats officially it, no more signings. Gill said if Ferguson wants someone, they will give him the funds.
I'd almost prefer it if we didn't, unless Saha is sold.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Krushkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Am I bothered? Not that much. Maybe Saha will stay fit? Good news as it suggests Rossi has a future at the club.
Not bothered at all, with the new signings on board (touch wood), but still wouldn't want to see Saha or Smith sold until a replacement has been bought in. Definately think we should get Rossi back, though.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

The side looks very Portugese in it's set up. Deep lying midfielders who pass the ball well, can't tackle Wing forwards, and a crap striker.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
The side looks very Portugese in it's set up. Deep lying midfielders who pass the ball well, can't tackle Wing forwards, and a crap striker.
A crap striker? Rooney?

Midfielders who can't tackle? Hargreaves?

Old 01-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krushkov
Not bothered at all, with the new signings on board (touch wood), but still wouldn't want to see Saha or Smith sold until a replacement has been bought in. Definately think we should get Rossi back, though.
Yup. If one of Smith or Saha leave I'd expect to see a replacement come in.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:49 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Yup. If one of Smith or Saha leave I'd expect to see a replacement come in.
I'm happy with that. Look forward to seeing Rossi.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Paul Mcgrath

I don't want to see Smith leave, i think he's a valuable member of our squad, and massively under rated.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:51 AM
24hr Leavesey

Where's this come from ? Haven't read anything along these lines.
Closed Thread