United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Music > Tissue Island Discs (TID's)
Closed Thread

Old 17-05-2007, 07:32 PM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan_Tier2
whats he got to do with it????
I didnt intend that to go back to Paul but it was actually him who played it to me first

Old 17-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Brenner

Default Mam's Are f***in Great

Fair do's - nice sentiments

Moving on to Snow Patrol's 2004 track Run from the Final Straw album - expand on the period of your life it represents......

Old 17-05-2007, 07:34 PM
puressence

im in shock ..sam you need a good kickin

Old 17-05-2007, 07:37 PM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
Fair do's - nice sentiments

Moving on to Snow Patrol's 2004 track Run from the Final Straw album - expand on the period of your life it represents......
Id just dropped out of school due to a mental breakdown and life was shit

That song came on a music channel at about half 3 in the morning...It was well before it got famous...I was stoned and I was just amazed

Its a real shame snow patrol are shite now they have been rinsed

I could relate to some of the lyrics but it gave me a kick up the arse and made me think that life is good...there is just alot of shit to deal with

Old 17-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Brenner

It's very honest of you to divulge the fact that you had a breakdown during your life, and I commend you being so candid, but did this have a bearing on your 4th choice......

PLEASE f***IN EXPLAIN FOR EVERYONE OUT THERE

Old 17-05-2007, 07:44 PM
neworder

Quote:
It's very honest of you to divulge the fact that you had a breakdown during your life, and I commend you being so candid, but did this have a bearing on your 4th choice......

PLEASE f***IN EXPLAIN FOR EVERYONE OUT THERE
Simple - WUM

I do actually like it...its NOT one of my favourite of all time but I just wanted to see what the reaction would be

Everytime I listen to it I just think "thank f*** im not a scouser"

We sang it first anyway but thats not the point

You cant deny that it is actually a good song

from the musical Carousel

Old 17-05-2007, 07:45 PM
neworder

oh and I wont be going out till about half 9 now so this should be intresting

Old 17-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Brenner

Moving very swiftly on, Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb from their prog-rock album The Wall - was Dave Gilmour somebody who inspired you to learn the guitar?

Old 17-05-2007, 07:49 PM
neworder

Quote:
Moving very swiftly on, Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb from their prog-rock album The Wall - was Dave Gilmour somebody who inspired you to learn the guitar?
Surprisingly no...Peter Hook was my inspiration (I was a bassist to start with) and the guitar inspiration came from Richard Ashcroft, Johnny Marr and Vini Reily (however its spelt)

The second solo in comfortably numb just does something for me you know?

The Wall is one of my favourite albums of all time so I had to have a track off it

Old 17-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Brenner

I've got visions of you playing your guitar like Hooky about 2 inches off the floor

The Wall is a great album mate, I agree.

John Lennon's Imagine is your next shout from the 1971 album of the same name. A very poignant song, which I first heard when I was 10 in 1980 after he had been killed in New York, and it was big news obviously on the tv....

What's going on in your mind when you hear the words you quoted from the song.....
Closed Thread