United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 07-03-2018, 12:27 PM
believe

Question Hunting for Justice

The Facebook people who are basically vigilantes, snaring blokes with fake profiles then naming and shaming them through live videos on Facebook. While I obviously donít condone any adult arranging to meet underage girls, I just find the whole idea of it somewhat crass and devaluing of the real Work involved in stopping active paedophiles.

Lad Iíve known for a long time got ďdoneĒ recently and he was sent down today (rightly so) but he was sent down for six months because there wasnít effectively a case due to entrapment and the fact he never actually spoke to a minor, just someone pretending to be one.

Thoughts?

Old 07-03-2018, 12:31 PM
Rorschach

Who else is going to do something to stop the c***s.

There's a line that you must not cross when preparing such a case, no matter how tempting it is to have a crack at the filthy twats. Stay on the right side of that, then hand the dossier over to what's left of the dibble.

Last edited by Rorschach; 07-03-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:32 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
The Facebook people who are basically vigilantes, snaring blokes with fake profiles then naming and shaming them through live videos on Facebook. While I obviously donít condone any adult arranging to meet underage girls, I just find the whole idea of it somewhat crass and devaluing of the real Work involved in stopping active paedophiles.

Lad Iíve known for a long time got ďdoneĒ recently and he was sent down today (rightly so) but he was sent down for six months because there wasnít effectively a case due to entrapment and the fact he never actually spoke to a minor, just someone pretending to be one.

Thoughts?
Hope your mate gets acid in face and dies of arse cancer .

50% of prosecutions are due to evidence produced by these groups . The police can't cope .

Old 07-03-2018, 12:34 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Hope your mate gets acid in face and dies of arse cancer .

50% of prosecutions are due to evidence produced by these groups . The police can't cope .
Definitely not a mate, heís just from WA12. The second part of your post is why I asked the question.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:37 PM
Child of Darkness

Should be the death penalty for Paedophiles.

And they should be burned on a pyre live on tv .

Old 07-03-2018, 12:48 PM
armchair

Only found out recently that the mo is to put up profiles saying they are 18+ then privately tell the target that they are actually much younger.

Generally I think they do a good job but I did see one guy with pretty severe learning difficulties get targeted. The guy was practically a child himself mentally. I've watched a lot of those sort of videos on youtube and that's the only time I felt a bit sorry for the target (and his mother and sister who were in the video too.)

Link to the fb page?

This is funny

Old 07-03-2018, 12:51 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Only found out recently that the mo is to put up profiles saying they are 18+ then privately tell the target that they are actually much younger.

Generally I think they do a good job but I did see one guy with pretty severe learning difficulties get targeted. The guy was practically a child himself mentally. I've watched a lot of those sort of videos on youtube and that's the only time I felt a bit sorry for the target (and his mother and sister who were in the video too.)

Link to the fb page?
He did what he did and would have done more if not caught out. His mental state will have been reflected in how he was treated thereafter. He was not to be left to his own devices, as this would have put innocent kids at risk.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:59 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
He did what he did and would have done more if not caught out. His mental state will have been reflected in how he was treated thereafter. He was not to be left to his own devices, as this would have put innocent kids at risk.
did you see it? I can't find the video or remember what he did. Just how upset his mother/sister were.

Old 07-03-2018, 01:14 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
did you see it? I can't find the video or remember what he did. Just how upset his mother/sister were.
No, though I have seen a few of the entrapment videos of late.

I can understand how upset his family were. And why they were concerned for his welfare given his apparent limited capacity. But these concerns are secondary to keeping him away from vulnerable kids and I would expect them to be properly reflected in his treatment (both judicially and for his mental health) once he's identified and in the system.

Old 07-03-2018, 01:16 PM
silv

this is a good one.

horrible c***