United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Old 07-03-2018, 08:47 AM
thatsfuctit

Default Rugby League - Big daft lads

Bloody hell ..
Scott Moore

'A professional rugby player, Tasered six times after driving at 150mph in a police chase, has been jailed.'

'He then accelerated at more than 150mph into a housing estate in Leigh and crashed into the wall of a house before stopping at a dead end, police said.

Moore elbowed an officer and "violently resisted arrest in a struggle lasting 50 minutes" during which he was Tasered six times but "kept rising to his feet to fight and charge at officers".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-43306423

Helicopter & dashcam footage on here

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby...times-12137630

Old 07-03-2018, 08:53 AM
waynes ear's

Lowton? Holymackers neck of the woods that

anyway, stunned a rugby player is such a massive spastic. stunned!

Old 07-03-2018, 09:17 AM
dunk

Read somewhere that the main HQ of Rugby League is being moved to Wastelands amidst City's training ground. They're desperate to get their mucky little fingers in every pie aren't they

Old 07-03-2018, 09:19 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Read somewhere that the main HQ of Rugby League is being moved to Wastelands amidst City's training ground. They're desperate to get their mucky little fingers in every pie aren't they
East Manchester. The traditional heartland of Rugby league.

Old 07-03-2018, 09:21 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
East Manchester. The traditional heartland of Rugby league.
Ridiculous isn't it

I was trying to think of a team they could absorb and start ruining that game with, but there's nothing for f***ing miles

Old 07-03-2018, 09:50 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
i was even more stunned to find out Lionel Richie will be playing at Leigh Sports Village

Old 07-03-2018, 09:50 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
I am sure it is down to money, for an essentially skint sport their old HQ Red Hall is a lovely spot set in many acres of land, must be worth a good few quid

Old 07-03-2018, 10:38 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
I am sure it is down to money, for an essentially skint sport their old HQ Red Hall is a lovely spot set in many acres of land, must be worth a good few quid

Probably so.

I love rugby league, I played it a decent level amateur as younger man, but i've got to say the game has been held back by shit governance for as long as i can remember.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:08 PM
nick henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
Probably so.

I love rugby league, I played it a decent level amateur as younger man, but i've got to say the game has been held back by shit governance for as long as i can remember.
Eddie Hearn is showing an interest in getting involved which should help its profile if nothing else given his friendly relations with Sky.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:34 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick henry
Eddie Hearn is showing an interest in getting involved which should help its profile if nothing else given his friendly relations with Sky.

Yeah, I'd read that too, the cynic in me wonders though, how what is a traditional a northern working class sport will respond to an Essex boy.

I've always felt that bringing it back to free to air TV would see the audience grow myself!