Originally Posted by Sapien
but enough about saffers etc
Love your passion.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:09 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Love your passion.
are you a convert yourself or were you born into it?

Old 05-03-2018, 10:16 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
are you a convert yourself or were you born into it?
I don't follow any religion chief.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:19 PM
Sparky***

I'm fascinated to know why enlightened, intelligent people who have access to all the information and progress that science has brought us, still choose to believe in archaic fairy tales?

And out of all 3 of these archaic fairy tales, these corrosive, war-mongering, death cults that have sprung from Abraham, why sign up to the most mysogynistic, repressive, anti-gay, anti-woman, anti-progressive one of all of them?

How does a modern, forward thinking liberal person align those two belief systems?

Old 05-03-2018, 10:19 PM
armchair

Quote:
I don't follow any religion chief.
odd thread for an atheist to start

Old 05-03-2018, 10:21 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
odd thread for an atheist to start
Wouldn't go as far as being an atheist.

What's odd about being interested in the increasing influence of islam in europe? Not interested in a hateful way, just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm fascinated to know why enlightened, intelligent people who have access to all the information and progress that science has brought us, still choose to believe in archaic fairy tales?

And out of all 3 of these archaic fairy tales, these corrosive, war-mongering, death cults that have sprung from Abraham, why sign up to the most mysogynistic, repressive, anti-gay, anti-woman, anti-progressive one of all of them?

How does a modern, forward thinking liberal person align those two belief systems?
Islam is not any more mysogynistic, repressive, anti-gay, anti-woman or anti-progressive than judaism or christianity.

Christianity is the worst of the three if you look at it fairly and historically.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:23 PM
armchair

Quote:

What's fascinating is that every culture has the concept of god independently of each other.

I'm an atheist but I think humanity has a need for god.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:23 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:

Easily led morons. Trying to be clever by rejecting science and the modern world.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Wouldn't go as far as being an atheist.

What's odd about being interested in the increasing influence of islam in europe? Not interested in a hateful way, just curious.

Islam is not any more mysogynistic, repressive, anti-gay, anti-woman or anti-progressive than judaism or christianity.

Christianity is the worst of the three if you look at it fairly and historically.
I've got no time for any of them. They're all fruit borne of the same poisonous tree.

Like I said, i don't know how anyone who claims to be a modern day enlightened liberal can defend any of it.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:27 PM
saffers

Quote:
I've got no time for any of them. They're all fruit borne of the same poisonous tree.

Like I said, i don't know how anyone who claims to be a modern day enlightened liberal can defend any of it.
I think you make religion what you want.

Garbage people will be garbage people no matter what.