United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Old 28-02-2018, 10:50 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
One Christmas I bought 14 presents and received just 2 back, I never recovered from it and I vowed never to do it again. I know you dont give presents to receive but you cant lie with those stats.
I think this is one of the reasons I hate the process of buying them because there is always the ďhow manyĒ pressure that takes the joy away. Presents for family is easy because there isnít any pressured but whoever youíre ďwithĒ always start present conversation with ďIíve got you five now...Ē etc

Old 28-02-2018, 11:02 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
they are pretty poor stats tbf. must have been hard around the 8th/9th
the struggle was real, this delusional head was telling me that they were all chipping together to buy me a big present. Can you imagine the crushing disappointment when I didnt even receive a thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I like giving presents. would rather not receive them. always a shock to receive anything worthwhile. you really have to shout at people not to buy off list. very few properly thoughtful givers.
I am more chilled about it now.

Old 28-02-2018, 12:14 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

Are you a coupon man?
or do you put some thought into it?
are you romantic with your gifts for your SO?
Have you ever made a gift (as an adult)?
No. Usually. Not obviously at first. Three years ago i had a good go:

And a year on:

Old 28-02-2018, 12:16 PM
believe

You dug her a grave?

Old 28-02-2018, 12:17 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You dug her a grave?
fucking hell. it's a death threat.

Old 28-02-2018, 12:18 PM
Whip Hubley

Old 28-02-2018, 12:20 PM
tatty

My missus doesn't need a gift to know exactly what I think of her.

Old 28-02-2018, 12:22 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

She was away with work while i did it. Unaccountable whereabouts. Only lived there about 6 months - the neighbours did ask questions. Didnt help that i was working under a cheap white gazebo - very crime scene esk.

Old 28-02-2018, 12:24 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyOnMyBack
She was away with work while i did it. Unaccountable whereabouts. Only lived there about 6 months - the neighbours did ask questions. Didnt help that i was working under a cheap white gazebo - very crime scene esk.
I actually think itís quite a nice idea but I canít help picturing my ex wifeís face if I presented her a flower patch with a bow on it.

Old 28-02-2018, 12:35 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I actually think itís quite a nice idea but I canít help picturing my ex wifeís face if I presented her a flower patch with a bow on it.
Her immediate reaction was - is that my main present? Ungrateful little scrazen frazen

Soon as the seeds started growing she came round - totally loves it now, growing different vegetables each year - claims it's her third best present ever (after the ring and the baby).