United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 26-02-2018, 10:25 AM
no fun

Default “Opt out” organ donation

Seems statute law is about to be passed meaning that organ donation will be assumed as ok unless a person opts out

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/heal...-a3774591.html

In theory I am fine with this, but.....and this is honestly not a wum....maybe less would opt out if you were allowed to specify 3 types of person you refuse to donate to, with everybody else being ok

I’d veto

Tories
Royalists
Personalised car number plate owners

Old 26-02-2018, 10:26 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Seems statute law is about to be passed meaning that organ donation will be assumed as ok unless a person opts out

In theory I am fine with this, but.....and this is honestly not a wum....maybe less would opt out if you were allowed to specify 3 types of person you refuse to donate to, with everybody else being ok

I’d veto

Tories
Royalists
Bet your liver is decent tbf

Old 26-02-2018, 10:28 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Bet your liver is decent tbf
Unscathed

Old 26-02-2018, 10:31 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Unscathed
Ok can u put me down for your liver and a kidney and if no one wants your spleen I'll take that just in case mine gets ruptured.

Old 26-02-2018, 10:34 AM
silv

Im in full agreement.

You are dead and have absolutely no need for them. Hopefully someone would take my brain and I could then live on forever.

Old 26-02-2018, 10:38 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Im in full agreement.

You are dead and have absolutely no need for them. Hopefully someone would take my brain and I could then live on forever.
I’m in full agreement almost 100%, but would you really want someone who is an absolute c*** to benefit?

Old 26-02-2018, 10:40 AM
Fat Al

This should have been done years ago, like other counties have done.

Obviously NoFers will have to opt out of donating his testicles as the Pegger has those in a jar on the mantlepeice.

Old 26-02-2018, 10:41 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
This should have been done years ago, like other counties have done.

Obviously NoFers will have to opt out of donating his testicles as the Pegger has those in a jar on the mantlepeice.
Along with my self esteem, self worth, and lump sum semi retirement funds

Old 26-02-2018, 10:41 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Im in full agreement.

Barbara, 67 from Hale, a recent recipient of a brain transplant has reported some peculiar side effects.

Everything was going fine, but I keep losing me stuff. I lost me keys, me phone. and I 'ate to admit this.. but ave been shittin the bed every night. I need elp.

Doctors say the donor, who shall remain ridiculous, has shown no changes to his personality since the operation.

Old 26-02-2018, 10:42 AM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:

I’d veto

Tories
Royalists
But if you were at death's door and the only liver available was Prince William's would you refuse it ?