United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:17 AM
saffers

Default Are you excited about tonight?

Easy to forget it's our first CL knockout game in 4 years......that's crazy. That's the extent to which Moyes and LvG humiliated our club..

The former at least gave us something

What do you remember best from our adventures in the latter stages of the CL? From some of the less obvious games perhaps.

Schalke away semis 2011, how laughably easy that game was, coulda easily been 6 or 7 nil in a semi final first leg.

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:23 AM
barca99

More nervous than excited.

We should have won this f***er more than 3 times but often we get f***ed over or luck just isnt on our side.

Nani sending off springs to mind, robbed.
Rafael been a c*** v munich, we played so well first half.
Scholes goal v porto

1-1 tonight with an awful game at OT to come

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:30 AM
waynes ear's

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:34 AM
Why Don?

Nah. Don't really enjoy watching us play at the moment.

Plus I don't think we have a hope of winning it.

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:40 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

does everything that happens have to be twisted into a means to legitimise oneself?
if a tree falls in a woods, but no one is around to hear it, does saffers find a way to be insecure about it?

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:46 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
More nervous than excited.

We should have won this £#%&!er more than 3 times but often we get £#%&!ed over or luck just isnt on our side.

Nani sending off springs to mind, robbed.
Rafael been a c*** v munich, we played so well first half.
Scholes goal v porto

1-1 tonight with an awful game at OT to come
Definitely this but oddly enough, all 3 wins have had their element of luck.

Should’ve at least reached finals as far back as 66 and 69 for different reasons and half a dozen since.... Dortmund, Porto, Leverkusen, Monaco, etc... cup football eh?

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:46 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
does everything that happens have to be twisted into a means to legitimise oneself?
if a tree falls in a woods, but no one is around to hear it, does saffers find a way to be insecure about it?
Imagine being such a snidey coward online 24/7. What's going in your life that you have be in such a bitchy mood nonstop? I'm gonna stop taking your bait from now, must be something very wrong with you. Feel sorry for you tbh.

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:48 AM
TheFatGoth

Not really. United are a real arduous watch these days, particularly in big games and this isn't exactly the most glamorous tie either. Also doesn't help that we're on last and all our rivals have had decent results. Hate these staggered last 16 fixtures tbh.

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:49 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Imagine being such a snidey coward online 24/7. What's going in your life that you have be in such a bitchy mood nonstop? I'm gonna stop taking your bait from now, must be something very wrong with you. Feel sorry for you tbh.
why can't you just enjoy the night instead of trying to climb over someone else in your head? it must be exhausting. every step you make you do it out of spite to someone else.

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:50 AM
Ethers

I think what’s happened here is Saffers has confused former and latter.

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:51 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I think what’s happened here is Saffers has confused former and latter.
Cheers, get disoriented anytime I write about LvG.

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:52 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Cheers, get disoriented anytime I write about LvG.

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:53 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Not really. United are a real arduous watch these days, particularly in big games and this isn't exactly the most glamorous tie either. Also doesn't help that we're on last and all our rivals have had decent results. Hate these staggered last 16 fixtures tbh.
Pretty much this

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:53 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Is a 1-1 at home to a poor Barca side a good result? Grant you the others.

And it is fair to say after recent displays United are the ones who have to lift the fans and not the other way round. Good performance tonight could kickstart our season. Sevilla's style will suit us I think. If we're clinical we could make the 2nd leg a dead rubber.

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:56 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
why can't you just enjoy the night instead of trying to climb over someone else in your head? it must be exhausting. every step you make you do it out of spite to someone else.

Like you did yesterday? Pointless, snidey contribution tbf.

No big but surprised tbh.

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:58 AM
BarryX

I'm looking forward to the match thread more than the game tbh #cans

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:59 AM
Pop

Not in the slightest.

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:02 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Easy to forget it's our first CL knockout game in 4 years......that's crazy. That's the extent to which Moyes and LvG humiliated our club..

The former at least gave us something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGPc9ZqLqgg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgbFfdSRpLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9mJzowg7Lo

What do you remember best from our adventures in the latter stages of the CL? From some of the less obvious games perhaps.

Schalke away semis 2011, how laughably easy that game was, coulda easily been 6 or 7 nil in a semi final first leg.

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:06 AM
andyroo

Thread not going quite as planned.

Sevilla are vulnerable. Should be a good game in theory.

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:08 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Like you did yesterday? Pointless, snidey contribution tbf.

No big but surprised tbh.
what? because I quoted bunks? i was just asking if quoting bypassed the ignore function. Would NEVER have done it if I already knew.
Closed Thread