United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Old 12-02-2018, 06:03 PM
Poop

Question DIY quickie

What do I do here?

Though I appreciate in advance your suggestions to shout at it, knock down the house, give myself a scart lead enema, shag my mam, etc I need to plonk a portable tv in the corner of mothers bedroom. I said I'll mount it on the wall but she insists it goes on a "nice little shelf in the corner"

As you can see, what should be a 90 degree angle has downs syndrome and there is an inch between it and the tip of the shelf.

Last edited by Wez; 12-02-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:04 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
What do I do here?

Though I appreciate in advance your suggestions to shout at it, knock down the house, give myself a scart lead enema, shag my mam, etc I need to plonk a portable tv in the corner of mothers bedroom. I said I'll mount it on the wall but she insists it goes on a "nice little shelf in the corner"

As you can see, what should be a 90 degree angle has downs syndrome and there is an inch between it and the tip of the shelf.

Leave it. Where's the power for the TV, under the shelf? You'll have to run a cable down there anyway then

Old 12-02-2018, 06:06 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Leave it. Where's the power for the TV, under the shelf? You'll have to run a cable down there anyway then
Nailed it

Old 12-02-2018, 06:15 PM
Poop

I can't leave it. I have small brackets underneath. Screwing either side will pull the shelf further away on one side or the other. Too messy.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:15 PM
Albert Tatlock

Is it an old fashioned "tube" tv or a flat screen ? If old fashioned I'd be sure that the shelf can take the weight. If not the TV will come crashing down and implode

Old 12-02-2018, 06:17 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Is it an old fashioned "tube" tv or a flat screen ? If old fashioned I'd be sure that the shelf can take the weight. If not the TV will come crashing down and implode
Deffo needs to sit on it to check

Old 12-02-2018, 06:17 PM
Ethers

You need to cut the shelf to the angle of the corner.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:20 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Not man enough to cut a channel into the wall?

Understood.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:22 PM
Poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
First thing I thought of but will it just slot into place afterwards or will I end up having to take slices off the left until I end up doing a Father Ted job on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
60" crt. That's why I bought a 12" wide shelf

Last edited by Poop; 12-02-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:26 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
First thing I thought of but will it just slot into place afterwards or will I end up having to take slices off the left until I end up doing a Father Ted job on it?

60" crt. That's why I bought a 12" wide shelf
Took a small flat screen with wall bracket to the tip a while back. Two, in fact!

With remotes.