United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Old 10-02-2018, 12:51 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
First, don't feed him any more

Second, if possible change 30% of the water to reduce ammonia / nitrate / nitrite levels. The water you introduce should be the same temperature as the water in the tank. As an emergency measure you can mix hot and cold in a jug to get the temperature you need. Do NOT put hot or even warm water directly in the tank. If you don't have a thermometer use your fingers and guess when the jug and the tank are the same. If its a real goldfish, then they are quite robust and he may live.

For future ref, the amount of food a goldfish needs per day is the same size as their eyes. Any more and you get a build up of ammonia/nitrate/nitrite which is poisonous. Aquatic plants help on a long term basis
Yeah, I've probs been giving him the closer to the size of my eyes...combined

Anyway, been to the pet shop, bought some of that stuff that removes the chlorine from tap water and also some 'revitaliser tonic' for sluggish fish or something

He does seem a little bit more active now, water is clear as day, he's not floating on his side as much...amazing considering he looked fucking dead about an hour ago. Gonna start calling him Muamba. nqat

Old 10-02-2018, 12:54 PM
BarryX

I thought goldfish only had 3 second memories, how can any of them be experts?

Old 10-02-2018, 12:56 PM
guerreiro

I went to college with a kid who was some sort of fish tank pro, in magazines and shit. The only thing I remember him telling me was that when he had a sick fish, he chucked it in boiling water. Sounds cruel, but he was a pro.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:02 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
I went to college with a kid who was some sort of fish tank pro, in magazines and shit. The only thing I remember him telling me was that when he had a sick fish, he chucked it in boiling water. Sounds cruel, but he was a pro.
Apparently if they are really sick and can't be saved, the least cruel way to euthanise them is to put them in a bit of water and put it in the freezer... not tried it myself as none of mine get sick

Old 10-02-2018, 01:05 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Yeah, I've probs been giving him the closer to the size of my eyes...combined

Anyway, been to the pet shop, bought some of that stuff that removes the chlorine from tap water and also some 'revitaliser tonic' for sluggish fish or something

He does seem a little bit more active now, water is clear as day, he's not floating on his side as much...amazing considering he looked fucking dead about an hour ago. Gonna start calling him Muamba. nqat
Your eyes are bigger than his belly.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:17 PM
otbarney

Bob.