United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Old 08-02-2018, 01:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

If the entire populace did that maybe we'd have less of a disease epidemic.... huh? huh?
Depends on the diet? Atkins for instance turned out to not be the best IIRC.. As for Bee Pollen Nearly killed poor Bellers.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:49 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
might get back into training, but it's a secondary priority.
I would like to start writing but I don't know where to start.

By the rate the world is going I have at least 40 years working ahead of me and I cannot envisage doing the same thing for another 40 years.
Start with following the programme, the details will sort themselves out.

Story:
Confused expat, lost my way in life. Smoking heavily, terrified of cancer. Podgy and lacking strength.

Think I have a talent for storytelling but don't want to make an even bigger fool of myself.

Steps:
Have found a great online resource for creative writing. Can finally learn how to format a script/novel.

Started vaping, reduced my cancer concerns.

Sat down with the missus and devised a sound plan to clear the mortgage in 15 years.

Joined a gym.

Future facts:
Full time vaper with a gradual reduction in nicotine strength.
Ripped bod.
Wrote my first script.
Negotiated a pay rise.

Sound good?

Quote:
self-improvement is a myth btw.

Who's improving the self? The self? How can the self improve the self?

Utter nonsense.
Call it actualisation then. Hiding behind semantics will not lead to a blue belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
I think it's a good thread, thanks for trying. But no one on here is doing anything other than going down the gym or trying fad diets.

This is where we miss grimmers. A writing, coaching, hair project would be interesting.
Again, you have the power to change that. But you're afraid.

We don't need Grimmers, we need Throw.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:51 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
self-improvement is a myth btw.

Who's improving the self? The self? How can the self improve the self?

Utter nonsense.

The point of life is to improve, learn from your betters and mistakes and evolve.

There's only the 'self' that can improve on ones self. If we didn't we would still be sucking on our mums boobs.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:51 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Start with following the programme, the details will sort themselves out.

Story:
Confused expat, lost my way in life. Smoking heavily, terrified of cancer. Podgy and lacking strength.

Think I have a talent for storytelling but don't want to make an even bigger fool of myself.

Steps:
Have found a great online resource for creative writing. Can finally learn how to format a script/novel.

Started vaping, reduced my cancer concerns.

Sat down with the missus and devised a sound plan to clear the mortgage in 15 years.

Joined a gym.

Future facts:
Full time vaper with a gradual reduction in nicotine strength.
Ripped bod.
Wrote my first script.
Negotiated a pay rise.

Sound good?

Call it actualisation then. Hiding behind semantics will not lead to a blue belt.

cunt.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:57 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses

The point of life is to improve, learn from your betters and mistakes and evolve.

There's only the 'self' that can improve on ones self. If we didn't we would still be sucking on our mums boobs.

Really? Is it now? According to whom? So the point of life is to improve but forget the absolute myriad and spectrum of human emotion and possibilities, as long as little Remi improves himself he's compeleted the game of life...

Utter bollocks.

And the point I was making, initially facetiously but now you've responded, was perfectly valid and is a legitimate philosophical point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Depends on the diet? Atkins for instance turned out to not be the best IIRC.. As for Bee Pollen Nearly killed poor Bellers.
Oh absolutely, but he threw a subby at IF and I can't let that lie....

Bee pollen reds

Last edited by Whip Hubley; 08-02-2018 at 02:00 PM.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:59 PM
Throw

Quote:

If the entire populace did that maybe we'd have less of a disease epidemic.... huh? huh?
I agree Mikers - and it's great that it's happening. But if I want to read about Fred Fitness goals it's on another thread somewhere.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:01 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
I agree Mikers - and it's great that it's happening. But if I want to read about Fred Fitness goals it's on another thread somewhere.
Fair point, but we all know what Cream is like. If he's not started the thread, it's not valid

Old 08-02-2018, 02:02 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

disagree with throw when he says fitness and healthcare is a waste of time, but can see his point that it's covered elsewhere. the op should have said this was non-fitness related. another poor delivery from op.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:02 PM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

I could tell you about my vinyl storage project.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:09 PM
silv

Story:
28 dumped. Slightly pudgy. Had a dog with no mother. Shit haircut, dull fashion sense and drifting. No sports, hobbies.

Steps.
Took up martial arts for a hobby. Started excercising loads. Shagged loads of birds. Got a fuck load of tattoos. Better haircuts, better dress sense.

This culminated in getting back with the bird who dumped me previously.

All going well, dad gets ill, i get dumped again.

Lost some weight, got even more tattoos and repeat...

Except ive got a different bird this time.