United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Old 05-02-2018, 01:27 PM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
Maybe to a point, however the original scripts had the two main characters surviving and going into quiet exile. It was Disney themselves who told the director to kill them all apparently.
Quite right I reckon.

Old 05-02-2018, 01:36 PM
Arnold Muhren

2nd watch:
Another shite trope: “Hey kid, I’m putting a team together” Urghhhh. It might look and sound great but it already has Ron ‘The Hack’ Howard’s stink all over it.

Old 05-02-2018, 01:41 PM
Sparky***

The casting doesn't look too good tbh. That bloke playing Han looks like a dickhead.

Old 05-02-2018, 01:52 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The casting doesn't look too good tbh. That bloke playing Han looks like a dickhead.
It's a pretty tough gig, though innit? Taking over the role of one of the coolest blokes on film previously portrayed by Harrison Ford?

That said, I don't know anyone who wanted this film to be made or is expecting anything from it. With such a low bar, maybe it won't be a complete clusterf***.

I'll probably go see it but then, I enjoyed The Last Jedi.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:02 PM
kungfu cantona

Thumbs down

It's looks like the Holiday Special with a budget.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:19 PM
signed dc

I reckon this might be good, looks decent visually, but a lot hinges on whether or not the dude playing Han can cut the mustard. Not enough to make a judgement there, but they could have given him a better haircut, and they could've found someone who looks & sounds more like Han. Can't be worse than Last Jedi surely?

Old 05-02-2018, 06:20 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
I reckon this might be good, looks decent visually, but a lot hinges on whether or not the dude playing Han can cut the mustard. Not enough to make a judgement there, but they could have given him a better haircut, and they could've found someone who looks & sounds more like Han. Can't be worse than Last Jedi surely?
Are you sure your children are yours?

Old 06-02-2018, 12:47 PM
dodger

People get too precious about this stuff. Some folk on my facebook feed seemed close to offing themselves about it this morning.
I think it looks decent but if it isn't I'm not going to go on a killing spree in the cinema, or even demand my money back.

Old 06-02-2018, 01:29 PM
Jammy Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
It's a pretty tough gig, though innit? Taking over the role of one of the coolest blokes on film previously portrayed by Harrison Ford?
More reason to cast well.

Old 06-02-2018, 01:38 PM
TheFatGoth

If it wasn't for the title of the film would you know it was Han Solo you were watching in that trailer?

Absolutely nothing about that blokes looks, voice or mannerisms are remotely Harrison Ford like.