United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink

Old 25-01-2018, 09:40 PM
tatty

Hollands meat pies.

Cheap kippers with a butter star....apparently I used to mither for them and then cry when my mum put them in front of me because the star had disappeared.

Oh to be a teenager again.

Old 25-01-2018, 09:42 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Angel Delight
Slush puppies/Mr.frosty
Crispy pancakes
Chocice
Panda pop
Those chalk like sweet sticks that you'd pretend were fags
Black Jacks and Fruit salad sweets

Jam sandwiches are the food of kings

Still go for a jam sarnie as an afternoon snack

Rock and roll
Dreadful grub. Beaten by only paste sandwiches as the worst

Peanut butter sandwiches... decent

Old 25-01-2018, 09:46 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Angel Delight
Slush puppies/Mr.frosty
Crispy pancakes
Chocice
Panda pop
Those chalk like sweet sticks that you'd pretend were fags
Black Jacks and Fruit salad sweets

Jam sandwiches are the food of kings

Still go for a jam sarnie as an afternoon snack

Rock and roll
Took my nephew to a sweet shop recently and came across massive bags of those. Must have bought about 4. Confectionery of kings

Old 25-01-2018, 09:56 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Really? It sounds delicious.

One of my biggest gripes as an expat is the way children are treated now, especially when it comes to food. A post today on our local community page was "can anyone recommend a good breakfast place for my son (aged 8) because he refuses to eat what we make and we've struggled to find a place he really enjoys" my parents were strict as fuck and I ate what they made. If I didn't like it I would sometimes be sat at the table gone 9/10pm with a cold plate of liver and onions until I finished the lot.
'You get what you're given'

Old 25-01-2018, 10:08 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk

I cant believe i used to think these were a treat
What?? Food of the Gods mate. Big plate of oils, (home cooked) and your Fray Bentos on top. Two rounds of B&B with Lurpak and you'll sleep for a week fat as fuck. Fuckin' love em me!

PS. 1 in Home Bargains

Old 25-01-2018, 11:06 PM
red in cumbria

Crispy Pancakes are still very much with us. The minced beef ones were always the best, though.