Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink

Old 25-01-2018, 12:03 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
push pops were for girls.

christ sake silv.

edit; wtf - frozen fagg0t brains?
Frozen muppets by a company called Brains.

I think the "meat" was some sort of pork offal... really disgusting !

Old 25-01-2018, 12:12 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Frozen muppets by a company called Brains.

I think the "meat" was some sort of pork offal... really disgusting !
Really? It sounds delicious.

One of my biggest gripes as an expat is the way children are treated now, especially when it comes to food. A post today on our local community page was "can anyone recommend a good breakfast place for my son (aged 8) because he refuses to eat what we make and we've struggled to find a place he really enjoys" my parents were strict as f*** and I ate what they made. If I didn't like it I would sometimes be sat at the table gone 9/10pm with a cold plate of liver and onions until I finished the lot.

Old 25-01-2018, 12:14 PM
TheFatGoth

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2698507.stm?%3f

Old 25-01-2018, 12:15 PM
ZiggyStardust

At one stage when I was a kid I properly became addicted to these

Dammit it's making me crave them again

Old 25-01-2018, 12:18 PM
Sapien

Old 25-01-2018, 12:20 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

One of my biggest gripes as an expat is the way children are treated now, especially when it comes to food. A post today on our local community page was "can anyone recommend a good breakfast place for my son (aged 8) because he refuses to eat what we make and we've struggled to find a place he really enjoys" my parents were strict as f*** and I ate what they made. If I didn't like it I would sometimes be sat at the table gone 9/10pm with a cold plate of liver and onions until I finished the lot.

It should have been delicious, but the muppets on their own were quite bland and the sauce was utterly disgusting.

Same thing as you via strictness if I didn't like something... only I got a slap as well if I ever said anything

Edit: The thread title says FOOD.. not f***ing sweets or crisps...

Old 25-01-2018, 12:21 PM
guerreiro

Not the right jars, but always on my butty as a kid.

Old 25-01-2018, 12:25 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Dad was like that too. ONly way I was getting away from the dinner table is if i managed to scrape the food out of the window without him looking.

Thing is, my Dad used to be a chef so it was always top quality scran. I was just being a spoilt prick!

Old 25-01-2018, 12:27 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Old 25-01-2018, 12:27 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Dad was like that too. ONly way I was getting away from the dinner table is if i managed to scrape the food out of the window without him looking.

Thing is, my Dad used to be a chef so it was always top quality scran. I was just being a spoilt prick!
My dad was a chef too, worked in a couple of hotels in that there larndarn. Great cook, learnt a lot from him