United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Old 28-01-2018, 12:13 PM
Poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
20 times

Probably what kicked him on after having his arse handed to him in the fourth set.

Top red is Big Fed.

Old 28-01-2018, 12:21 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Federer won in 5

Great thread this
Walked in the front room (back of house) and the missus was watching it, last set, looked like a thriller. Went for a poo and it was finished by the time Id cleaned up. Didnt bother asking who won.

Old 28-01-2018, 12:29 PM
Part 36 Offer

Incredible from Fed.

Hopefully hes not a doper like most other tennis players..

Old 28-01-2018, 12:33 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Walked in the front room (back of house) and the missus was watching it, last set, looked like a thriller. Went for a poo and it was finished by the time Id cleaned up. Didnt bother asking who won.

Cilic not closing out the break in the first game of the fifth knocked him. Before he knew it, he was 3-0 and he was on his arse.

That's what so impressive on those top guys. They just pounce on the those little dips.

From sets 2-5, Cilic was generally playing the better stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Incredible from Fed.

None of them are... all of them are.... even playing field either way

Old 28-01-2018, 01:42 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Incredible from Fed.

Realistically, he must be too.

At the peak of his career, he had a bit of a weakness in 5 set matches, regularly would lose out in 5 setters to Nadal, Djok, Murray.

Now, at the age of 36, hes stronger than ever when it goes to a last set.

Its a bit of an odd one.

Still, incredible achievement whatever. I never thought hed win another slam a few years ago, let alone reach 20.

Old 28-01-2018, 03:09 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

At the peak of his career, he had a bit of a weakness in 5 set matches, regularly would lose out in 5 setters to Nadal, Djok, Murray.

Its a bit of an odd one.

Still, incredible achievement whatever. I never thought hed win another slam a few years ago, let alone reach 20.
tbh all those players are better than Cilic

Old 28-01-2018, 03:51 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Its a bit of an odd one.

True, except the Murray bit. I think Murray has beaten him once at a slam?

Little mental block against Nadal and Djokovic for a while, Nadal when he emerged and Djokovic around his peak, but to beat Nadal in five last year was a big thing for him and Djokovic dip the last two years has been quite alarming.

I think this time last year you could make a case against him being the Greatest of all time.. not now though.

Remarkable stuff.

Old 28-01-2018, 03:52 PM
andyroo

It wasn't so much a mental block against Nadal as that when they did meet in those epic battles both of them had such extraordinary mental strength but eventually something had to crack.

Either way, he's had a pretty good career I think.

Old 28-01-2018, 03:57 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
It wasn't so much a mental block against Nadal as that when they did meet in those epic battles both of them had such extraordinary mental strength but eventually something had to crack.

Either way, he's had a pretty good career I think.
I think it was at first. That 2009 Aussie Open final looked like it crushed him. The first time he'd been properly usurped as the best after dominating so much..

Then Djokovic has the golden spell around 2011-14 and he lost about 3 semis to him with match points in his hand.

All about how you come out of those spells though. Djokovic is going through it now.. Murray has been awful since getting to no 1.

They need to find a way to reinvent themselves as he has.

Old 28-01-2018, 04:17 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop

Probably what kicked him on after having his arse handed to him in the fourth set.

Top red is Big Fed.
Herrera pointing trying to be relevant, Mata scratching his head looking completely lost and Dave with a "fucks sake" expression.

Just like a match day.