United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Old 10-01-2018, 10:43 AM
Cream
 
Default Swap deals

Can anybody name some straight swap deals in the premier league from, say, the last decade?

They keep being mooted by pundits and fans, but I'm not sure they actually happen.

Prove me wrong.
 
Old 10-01-2018, 10:44 AM
dunk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Can anybody name some straight swap deals in the premier league from, say, the last decade?

They keep being mooted by pundits and fans, but I'm not sure they actually happen.

Prove me wrong.
Gallas and Cole, about the only one.
 
Old 10-01-2018, 10:46 AM
Switching Off
 
Default

Not in the Premier League or the last 10 years, but this happened.

Quote:
MILAN - Inter and AC Milan reached an agreement this evening regarding a player swap between Clarence Seedorf and Francesco Coco. Although a deal between the two clubs has been hammered out , both players still have to give their acceptance. As a result of the deal, Francesco Coco will become the sixth Inter player on World Cup duty for Italy at Korea/Japan 2002, and the fifteenth nerazzurro represented at football's showcase event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Gallas and Cole, about the only one.
Chelsea paid a fee in that, so not a straight swap.
 
Old 10-01-2018, 10:56 AM
redhegemony
 
Default

Strangest business was Arsenal signing Clive Allen and 3 months later without playing swapping him with Palace for Sampson and Barron.

All a bit
 
Old 10-01-2018, 10:58 AM
dunk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Not in the Premier League or the last 10 years, but this happened.

Chelsea paid a fee in that, so not a straight swap.
Seems miles more common in Italy as do those shared ownership deals and selling between direct rivals.

Forgot Chelsea paid as well. Still a decent deal that.
 
Old 10-01-2018, 11:22 AM
RemisMoses
 
Default

Agents don't get paid a fat percentage on a swap deal, so they don't happen.
 
Old 10-01-2018, 11:24 AM
redhegemony
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
Agents don't get paid a fat percentage on a swap deal, so they don't happen.
You don't think clubs pay agents for arranging swaps and loans?
 
Old 10-01-2018, 11:30 AM
Cream
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
You don't think clubs pay agents for arranging swaps and loans?
Probably to the point where it doesn't make financial sense.
 
Old 10-01-2018, 11:52 AM
Denis Irwell
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Strangest business was Arsenal signing Clive Allen and 3 months later without playing swapping him with Palace for Sampson and Barron.

All a bit
That was a weird one. Really thought they’d picked up a top striker. Had a very impressive track record. Can’t remember who was their manager then but he was a pure striker and maybe they wanted a bit more than that. Radford and George both had a bit more to their game as strikers... but why the sudden change of mind without playing?
 
Old 10-01-2018, 11:57 AM
windy waffles
 
Default

They don't actually happen in reality. Clubs agree to sell a player to another side and vice versa. I'm sure written in the contract it doesn't say:


Fee: William Gallas


The transfers just happen at the same time. It's not like at school where you swap your jam sandwich for your friend's ham one. That is a legimate swap deal.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Swap deals
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sky Deals Flix Off Topic 5 14-08-2010 01:42 PM
SIM only deals razzle Off Topic 4 07-04-2010 01:13 PM
PS3 Deals red red robbo Gaming 4 10-12-2008 08:44 AM
PS 3 deals! fergieslovechild Off Topic 12 10-10-2007 12:54 PM
SKY TV deals Toilet sniffer V Off Topic 4 08-10-2007 01:47 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:21 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.