United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming

Old 05-01-2018, 12:52 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Default Do you suffer from Gaming Disorder?

You're not alone.

Quote:

“GAMING DISORDER” WILL be recognised as a disease later this year following expert consensus over the addictive risks associated with playing electronic games, the World Health Organisation has said.

The disorder will be listed in the 11th edition of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD), to be published in June, WHO spokesman Tarik Jasarevic told reporters in Geneva.

WHO is leading the process of updating ICD-11, which includes input from global health practitioners.

The current working definition of the disorder is “a pattern of gaming behaviour, that can be digital gaming or video gaming, characterised by impaired control over gaming, increased priority given to gaming over other activities to the extent that gaming takes precedence over other interests,” Jasarevic said.

"...increased priority given to gaming over other activities to the extent that gaming takes precedence over other interests"

Old 05-01-2018, 12:54 PM
silv

Don't even have a console

Old 05-01-2018, 12:54 PM
Whip Hubley

Old 05-01-2018, 12:56 PM
Bunker Buster

Wish I did more Gaming.....

Craving a free house

Old 05-01-2018, 12:58 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Was going to play resi 7 in vr later but instead I will sit in a room in silence. Prioritising one interest over another is now a disorder.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:59 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Wish I did more Gaming.....

Craving a free house
This. Scholes Jnr has officially taken the PS4 into his room and since he found the delights of a headset I've hardly seen him

Old 05-01-2018, 01:00 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Was going to play resi 7 in vr later but instead I will sit in a room in silence. Prioritising one interest over another is now a disorder.
Don’t know wether to read my book or watch united...

Apparently “it’s my night with the telly” Mrs B

Just craving dropping into that Fortnite map, with the lads, soft banter, hard gaming...

Old 05-01-2018, 01:04 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Don’t know wether to read my book or watch united...

Apparently “it’s my night with the telly” Mrs B

Just craving dropping into that Fortnite map, with the lads, soft banter, hard gaming...
1 telly house?

Old 05-01-2018, 01:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
1 telly house?
God no....

But I’m lazy and like wired connection....

Also things get heated on the mic mate, kids in bed etc..

Old 05-01-2018, 01:15 PM
Whip Hubley

f***ing love video games, always have, always will. Is it a disorder? No. Does it erode the soul? Probably.

most nights - have tea, put the lad down, watch something with wife then a couple of hours of gaming bliss