United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 02-01-2018, 11:08 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Yep blame the workers.

Germany's nationalised railways have 9 union members on their board and their prices are significantly cheaper

You really are turning into a class traitor
Are you typing this from the back of your Uber?

Old 02-01-2018, 11:15 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Yep blame the workers.

Germany's nationalised railways have 9 union members on their board and their prices are significantly cheaper

You really are turning into a class traitor
Privatisation means an increase in investment by private companies.

Hang on, in 2015-2016 (the latest available figures), around 80% of investment was funded by the taxpayer.

Also, in 1995 taxpayer investment (in real terms) was around £1bn. Now it’s £4.8bn (in real terms). Over the same period, the number of train journeys has doubled.

Do the math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
It had no effect on the rise in regulated rail fares. They are set using a formula created by the government and are determined by inflation.
Truth bomb

Last edited by 20 times; 02-01-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:41 AM
My Name is Heath

No.

We should keep our trains private and let other state companies run them.

Oh, hang on....

When I lived in Germany Siemens were replay pushing exporting to China the trains (hang on, they’re in the EU - I thought we weren’t allowed to trade with China..) and they’re making billions.

Thank God we sold off our train industries

Old 02-01-2018, 11:42 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
The 28% pay rise for the drivers whose concerns about safety evaporated when moolah was placed on the table has been passed on to passengers and then some.

But, yes. The system is a corporate scam.
Oh come on you’re better than this

Old 02-01-2018, 11:50 AM
irk

Jesus, i said “yes, it’s a corporate scam” what more do you people want?

I’d go out on a limb and suggest the safety fears had about as much to do with the dispute, except in PR terms, as did ‘access to justice’ when the criminal lawyers were out on ‘strike’ the other year. Money was (is) the real reason.

On a related note i know a fella who has just resigned from the engineering company who run the trains for virgin. He did so out of safety fears due to the pressur to certify trains as safe whne they shouldnt be on the track. He is adamant that he will never get on a train again.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:12 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Oh come on you’re better than this
You've met him.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Jesus, i said “yes, it’s a corporate scam” what more do you people want?

I’d go out on a limb and suggest the safety fears had about as much to do with the dispute, except in PR terms, as did ‘access to justice’ when the criminal lawyers were out on ‘strike’ the other year. Money was (is) the real reason.

On a related note i know a fella who has just resigned from the engineering company who run the trains for virgin. He did so out of safety fears due to the pressur to certify trains as safe whne they shouldnt be on the track. He is adamant that he will never get on a train again.
I did the million mile overhaul project on the On the pendolino trains...

Wouldn’t get on one again....

Old 02-01-2018, 12:28 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I did the million mile overhaul project on the On the pendolino trains...

Wouldn’t get on one again....
because your lazy piss poor workmanship means they are dangerous?

Old 02-01-2018, 12:38 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
You've met him.
He came across as a simple soul who had been dealt a bad deal in life, but not as a bosses lacky

Old 02-01-2018, 12:39 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
because your lazy piss poor workmanship means they are dangerous?
Not mine no......

Always worked smart......caught a 66 year old wage prisoner contractor though tightening the actual tilt rollers that tilt the train at 90mph to the wrong torque setting...

“How many have you let through at that setting”

“Dunno”

They tried to get us to sign for our work over a year in...
To be accountable for each of the 52 trains...

Nope.