United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Old 13-02-2018, 07:54 PM
sa7
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Poor lad.

Shaw’s left him looking like a plasterer’s radio
 
Old 13-02-2018, 08:26 PM
est.1878
 
Default

Adidas jumping the shark with the donnie darko rabbit range
 
Old 13-02-2018, 08:34 PM
Drexl
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
His shirt looks like https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-st...t-quality=auto
 
Old 13-02-2018, 09:46 PM
ScarFace
 
Default

I hope they're very happy together
 
Old 13-02-2018, 10:02 PM
S/Side.Red
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Perhaps 'sink or swim' is too broad a term then.

The approach is that you will get chances, but if you don't take them, you're gone. And for a while.

Unless you're Lukaku.

Shaw still isn't trusted as first choice, but he's in a much better position than he Was a few months ago.
Mourinho doesn't afford as much opportunity to young players. Even Mkhi can't complain that he didn't get a fair bit if faith, even if he never seemed Mou's up of tea. But he's on record as saying he doesn't need to see young players for long to make his mind up.

He simply doesn't like to have to rely on an inexperienced player. If anything that's becoming more sharp. Back at Porto and Inter he had Carlos Alberto and Davide Santon whom he showed great faith in the biggest games (against us) when they were 18.

He's moved further away from that as his career has gone on imo. Shaw will probably get a proper run when he's 24.
 
Old 13-02-2018, 10:25 PM
Billy Redface
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Mourinho doesn't afford as much opportunity to young players. Even Mkhi can't complain that he didn't get a fair bit if faith, even if he never seemed Mou's up of tea. But he's on record as saying he doesn't need to see young players for long to make his mind up.

He simply doesn't like to have to rely on an inexperienced player. If anything that's becoming more sharp. Back at Porto and Inter he had Carlos Alberto and Davide Santon whom he showed great faith in the biggest games (against us) when they were 18.

He's moved further away from that as his career has gone on imo. Shaw will probably get a proper run when he's 24.
I think that's a separate discussion altogether.

I think his issues with Shaw are to do with the kind of character Shaw is, not his age.
 
Old 13-02-2018, 10:28 PM
S/Side.Red
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I think that's a separate discussion altogether.

I think his issues with Shaw are to do with the kind of character Shaw is, not his age.
I wonder if Pogba is subject to the same scrutiny.

It's just all too common that the players Mou holds to the highest scrutiny are the younger ones. And it's not as if it's proved successful strategy for him in the past. His record of developing young talent (or more accurately letting it go) is pretty shocking.
 
Old 13-02-2018, 11:19 PM
Billy Redface
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I wonder if Pogba is subject to the same scrutiny.

It's just all too common that the players Mou holds to the highest scrutiny are the younger ones. And it's not as if it's proved successful strategy for him in the past. His record of developing young talent (or more accurately letting it go) is pretty shocking.
Lukaku, Pogba and Shaw are around the same age aren't they?

Lukaku's criticism Teflon has been an odd one.
 
Old 13-02-2018, 11:21 PM
andyroo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Lukaku, Pogba and Shaw are around the same age aren't they?

Lukaku's criticism Teflon has been an odd one.
Lukaku's actually had the crowd on his back. Pogba hasn't... yet. A bad performance in his next home game though and it could get ugly.

If a player's getting it from the fans the manager's more likely to defend him. Any manager.
 
Old 14-02-2018, 12:50 AM
S/Side.Red
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Lukaku, Pogba and Shaw are around the same age aren't they?

Lukaku's criticism Teflon has been an odd one.
Pogba March '93.
Lukaku May '93.
Sheezy July '95.

Bet that's made you feel old. Welcome.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: BIG Luke Shaw
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Luke Shaw silv Football 321 08-12-2017 10:59 AM
Luke Shaw TheFatGoth Football 495 09-04-2017 08:37 PM
Luke Shaw interview Switching Off Football 4 26-08-2016 05:39 PM
Luke Shaw believe Football 20 03-11-2014 08:39 PM
Luke Shaw HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon Football 31 22-08-2013 07:52 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:56 AM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.