His shirt looks like https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-st...t-quality=auto

Old 13-02-2018, 09:46 PM
ScarFace

I hope they're very happy together

Old 13-02-2018, 10:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Perhaps 'sink or swim' is too broad a term then.

The approach is that you will get chances, but if you don't take them, you're gone. And for a while.

Unless you're Lukaku.

Shaw still isn't trusted as first choice, but he's in a much better position than he Was a few months ago.
Mourinho doesn't afford as much opportunity to young players. Even Mkhi can't complain that he didn't get a fair bit if faith, even if he never seemed Mou's up of tea. But he's on record as saying he doesn't need to see young players for long to make his mind up.

He simply doesn't like to have to rely on an inexperienced player. If anything that's becoming more sharp. Back at Porto and Inter he had Carlos Alberto and Davide Santon whom he showed great faith in the biggest games (against us) when they were 18.

He's moved further away from that as his career has gone on imo. Shaw will probably get a proper run when he's 24.

Old 13-02-2018, 10:25 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Mourinho doesn't afford as much opportunity to young players. Even Mkhi can't complain that he didn't get a fair bit if faith, even if he never seemed Mou's up of tea. But he's on record as saying he doesn't need to see young players for long to make his mind up.

He simply doesn't like to have to rely on an inexperienced player. If anything that's becoming more sharp. Back at Porto and Inter he had Carlos Alberto and Davide Santon whom he showed great faith in the biggest games (against us) when they were 18.

He's moved further away from that as his career has gone on imo. Shaw will probably get a proper run when he's 24.
I think that's a separate discussion altogether.

I think his issues with Shaw are to do with the kind of character Shaw is, not his age.

Old 13-02-2018, 10:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I think that's a separate discussion altogether.

I think his issues with Shaw are to do with the kind of character Shaw is, not his age.
I wonder if Pogba is subject to the same scrutiny.

It's just all too common that the players Mou holds to the highest scrutiny are the younger ones. And it's not as if it's proved successful strategy for him in the past. His record of developing young talent (or more accurately letting it go) is pretty shocking.

Old 13-02-2018, 11:19 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I wonder if Pogba is subject to the same scrutiny.

It's just all too common that the players Mou holds to the highest scrutiny are the younger ones. And it's not as if it's proved successful strategy for him in the past. His record of developing young talent (or more accurately letting it go) is pretty shocking.
Lukaku, Pogba and Shaw are around the same age aren't they?

Lukaku's criticism Teflon has been an odd one.

Old 13-02-2018, 11:21 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Lukaku's actually had the crowd on his back. Pogba hasn't... yet. A bad performance in his next home game though and it could get ugly.

If a player's getting it from the fans the manager's more likely to defend him. Any manager.

Old 14-02-2018, 12:50 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Pogba March '93.
Lukaku May '93.
Sheezy July '95.

Bet that's made you feel old. Welcome.