United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Old 02-01-2018, 02:27 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Cheers pal

Looking at a few days with misses and then onto somewhere else

Look at the sights (?), eat some deep pan pizza, take a bulls game in and then fuck off somewhere else for the same sort of thing.
Certainly doable for a few days, I got stuck into the deep pan at Lou Malnati's, it's where the locals go & all that. Pure filth if I'm honest. Al's Italian Beef had some sensational sandwiches

You can probably do both Chicago & Boston if you're planning a week long trip or just over, easily done tbh.

Old 02-01-2018, 02:35 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Any one been to Boston or Chicago?

Any good?
Been to Boston twice, it's a nice city but a bit sameish after a few days. I'd use it as a part of a multi city trip rather than going just there

Old 02-01-2018, 02:39 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Any one been to Boston or Chicago?

Any good?
I quite fancy Chicago for a long weekend. Norwegian are starting direct flights from April, very cheap. It's only an hour further than New York

Old 02-01-2018, 02:40 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Certainly doable for a few days, I got stuck into the deep pan at Lou Malnati's, it's where the locals go & all that. Pure filth if I'm honest. Al's Italian Beef had some sensational sandwiches

You can probably do both Chicago & Boston if you're planning a week long trip or just over, easily done tbh.
That Al's looks good

Think ill look into doing both on the same trip as suggested. Probably looking at new year 2019 at the moment tbh, but hoping I can squeeze it in before next Xmas if I can

Old 02-01-2018, 02:47 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Calcutta and Delhi in February for a week or so - 1st time in India.

Bulgaria in September.
I found it hard not to fall in love with India, when I went many moons ago.

Where abouts in Bulgaria this time? Will be out there first week of September myself. Otherwise hoping to get a trip in to California at some point and might even hire a campervan and do a tour of the UK

Old 02-01-2018, 03:10 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
I found it hard not to fall in love with India, when I went many moons ago.

Where abouts in Bulgaria this time? Will be out there first week of September myself. Otherwise hoping to get a trip in to California at some point and might even hire a campervan and do a tour of the UK
June - Varna (Golden Sands )

Old 02-01-2018, 03:26 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Been to Boston twice, it's a nice city but a bit sameish after a few days. I'd use it as a part of a multi city trip rather than going just there
Ders more to Boston dan dis

Quote:
Been to Varna...mainly Russian tourists, not many brits, worth taking a taxi or bus to nessebar for a night out, avoid sunny beach at all costs

Old 02-01-2018, 04:07 PM
otbarney

North Wales.

Every fuckin working day.

Old 02-01-2018, 04:15 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
It's Sofia in September actually

Old 10-02-2018, 01:01 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Calcutta and Delhi in February for a week or so - 1st time in India.

Bulgaria in September.
India astonishing place - full of contrasts - but just so busy makes NY and London seem pedestrian- and so many people everywhere. Food magnificent and cheap.

Can still see the remnants of the empire - stayed here:

http://www.tollygungeclub.org/

Will definetely go back.