United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Old 02-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Jethro

Fourth series of the same old shit. The Star Trek one was ok but I am not going beyond that.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:47 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
The Star Trek one was ok but I am not going beyond that.
:0)

Old 02-01-2018, 09:38 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
The one directed by Jodie Foster (Arkangle) is probably the worst one there's ever been. There's a great idea in there but goes in the wrong direction and the performances in it are dreadful.

The other one (Crocodile) is really good, especially if you like dark stories (this one's pitch black).
That was f***ing mega creepy... I had nightmares after that... possibly because they used a British cast and the main character was scouse... it just seemed more real.

Old 04-01-2018, 08:58 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

the scariest thing about that crocodile episode was the technology. I didn't really buy the character arc though.

Old 04-01-2018, 09:10 AM
shenwen

Wish Id kept Crocodile on my not to watch list
As with quite a few of these, an interesting concept but badly executed. The run someone over on a lonely road starting point was a cliche I would have expected Brooker to avoid

Definitely not watching the Jodie Foster one

Last edited by shenwen; 04-01-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Old 04-01-2018, 09:11 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
the scariest thing about that crocodile episode was the technology. I didn't really buy the character arc though.
***spoiler***
You didn't buy the fact that a scouser could be such a selfish mass murderer ?

Old 04-01-2018, 09:19 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
***spoiler***
You didn't buy the fact that a scouser could be such a selfish mass murderer ?
***spoiler***
It seemed like she was normal at the start and then transformed into a psychopath

Old 04-01-2018, 09:48 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
***spoiler***
It seemed like she was normal at the start and then transformed into a psychopath
***spoiler***
Scouser, always potential to be a psychopath

Old 04-01-2018, 02:35 PM
Stakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
The one directed by Jodie Foster (Arkangle) is probably the worst one there's ever been. There's a great idea in there but goes in the wrong direction and the performances in it are dreadful.

The other one (Crocodile) is really good, especially if you like dark stories (this one's pitch black).
I thought the first one was great, and was trailered and introduced in such a way as to throw the viewer off. I thought the Arkangel one was great and I found her reaction far more believable considering how she was treated.
Crocodile I wasn't keen on. It was engaging but had a number of issues.
***spoiler***
As has been said, the stranger on the quiet road trope was a bit annoying, but then later it had the ridiculous technology. Seeing your memories? Come on. If that tech existed surely the best bet would be to shut the f*** up. The ex-alcoholic hadn't thought it through.
I also found the location jarring considering the British cast. I'm sure people will say it doesn't matter, but it's a bit bizarre to set it in mostly rural/remote Iceland and then have accents and ethnicity of the cast as diverse as you'd only find in big cities.
As for the ending, with the f***ing guinea pig, come on.

Last edited by Stakker; 04-01-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Old 04-01-2018, 03:06 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakker
I thought the first one was great, and was trailered and introduced in such a way as to throw the viewer off. I thought the Arkangel one was great and I found her reaction far more believable considering how she was treated.
Crocodile I wasn't keen on. It was engaging but had a number of issues.
***spoiler***
As has been said, the stranger on the quiet road trope was a bit annoying, but then later it had the ridiculous technology. Seeing your memories? Come on. If that tech existed surely the best bet would be to shut the f*** up. The ex-alcoholic hadn't thought it through.
I also found the location jarring considering the British cast. I'm sure people will say it doesn't matter, but it's a bit bizarre to set it in mostly rural/remote Iceland and then have accents and ethnicity of the cast as diverse as you'd only find in big cities.
As for the ending, with the f***ing guinea pig, come on.
I actually agree about the location & accents. it was bugging me too. Was this supposed to be some alternate near future when the brits had 100% colonised iceland?
they tend to shoehorn english accents in too much imo.