Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
thanks for getting the thread back on track lads

beetroot soup.....

4 medium raw beets
1 carrot
1 parsnip

shread .....add water, veg stock, a squeeze of lemon and a bit of seasoning.....

boil for about 25 minutes......add a bit of cream to finish....serve with a naan bread

loverleeee.
Would that be Borscht Den, or is that with beef stock? loved that when in Ukraine/Russia

Tomato and bacon

fry onions and chopped up bacon, add tomatoes and cover then simmer till it all breaks down. Liquidise adding a splash of boiling water/stock if too thick

Curried parsnip

Fry onions, diced parsnips, garlic in butter till soft. add curry powder and fry for a further min or 2. add chicken or veg stock, simmer then liquidise

Old 28-12-2017, 10:21 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Would that be Borscht Den, or is that with beef stock? loved that when in Ukraine/Russia
a variation of , yes.

there are lots of different ones throughout eastern Europe.

this one is a quick, simple one...a sweeter version. You possibly had the sharper one, made with picked beetroot but a clear one without the actual beetroot still in it ?.....also good but I don't know how to make that one

turns your shit a deep red the next morning

Quote:

Curried parsnip

Fry onions, diced parsnips, garlic in butter till soft. add curry powder and fry for a further min or 2. add chicken or veg stock, simmer then liquidise
what proportions do you use Spockers.....how much curry power ? and can you use turmeric instead ?

Old 28-12-2017, 11:14 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
a variation of , yes.

there are lots of different ones throughout eastern Europe.

this one is a quick, simple one...a sweeter version. You possibly had the sharper one, made with picked beetroot but a clear one without the actual beetroot still in it ?.....also good but I don't know how to make that one

turns your shit a deep red the next morning

what proportions do you use Spockers.....how much curry power ? and can you use turmeric instead ?
I medium onion, 4 or 5 parsnips depending how big. Tablespoon or so curry powder, stock depending on how thick you like it Could use turmeric I guess butnever done so. Curry will have turmeric in it?

Old 28-12-2017, 11:19 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:
I medium onion, 4 or 5 parsnips depending how big. Tablespoon or so curry powder, stock depending on how thick you like it Could use turmeric I guess butnever done so. Curry will have turmeric in it?
cheers for that Spockers.....will try that in the next day or two....sounds good.

Old 29-12-2017, 12:07 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
For you ?

Lentils, bleach and arsenic... drink it hot

Old 29-12-2017, 12:32 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Got to be rolling with onion, garlic and chopped ginger base and use garam marsala rather the curry and a tsp of ground coriander. Turmeric for dynamic healthyness.

Liking bunk's scotch bonnet with the butternut squash.

Try sweet potato and a 1/2 tsp of crushed dried chilles as a variation on the spud and leek. use garlic and onions as base for all winter warmers.

People who buy pre-prepared soup are philistinian godless bastards.

Last edited by TripDownMiseryLane; 29-12-2017 at 12:34 AM.

Old 29-12-2017, 03:59 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
For you ?

Lentils, bleach and arsenic... drink it hot
Do you have to soak the lentils, and if so for how long?

Old 29-12-2017, 08:06 AM
believe

Used to make roasted tomato and pepper soup with chorizo

Fill a roasting with tomatoes, peppers, whole garlic, onions and chilis (to your preference) throw it in the oven until well roasted.

Add to a pan with veg stock and passata and simmer. Then strain into another pan, add chopped chorizo and simmer again. Make loads and freeze in servable portions.

It's very nice